What I found in the rabbit hole (yes, they have arrived).

@StratMan

pPQa2FV.jpg

UUrgC4d.gif

D2StxH9.gif

bnGRaVU.gif

Funnily enough I had a Strat for a while, but fell in love with the Telecaster.
Then had a play at bass guitar, but finally went back to my old favourite...the 5 string banjo.
Still have it, but playing is getting harder with arthritis starting up in both thumbs.
I could always get a pedal steel guitar I suppose (no, no...no enabling needed there either).
Got a favourite band/music?

Funnily enough I had a Strat for a while, but fell in love with the Telecaster.
Then had a play at bass guitar, but finally went back to my old favourite...the 5 string banjo.
Still have it, but playing is getting harder with arthritis starting up in both thumbs.
I could always get a pedal steel guitar I suppose (no, no...no enabling needed there either).
Got a favourite band/music?

Favourite music right now would have to be the blues, only been listening to that the past 6 months an nothing else.. muddy waters, buddy guy, howlin wolf, Albert king, bb king all favourites also love rock n roll /hard rock with led zeppelin, kiss, deep purple, Hendrix, SRV, the doors, black sabbath, DIO, Rolling Stones. AC/DC

When it comes to Greek love the old school ‘rebetika’ (Greek blues) that started it all.. and of that, the god father of rebetika Markos Vamvakaris (pictured in my avatar)

there is nothing more powerful than music

How bout yourself mate?

Bit like you. AC/DC (of course), Hendrix (Hendrix Blues is great), all those blues guys you mention. SRV for sure, Pink Floyd, Animals, Cream, Clapton, Joplin, Cocker, Fogerty, 3 Dog Night, CCR, Eagles.
Right now (because of the banjo) I like The Dead South. You heard them yet? Or Iron Horse?
Here's a Dead South video...
Now going to Google 'Rebetika'.
Bed time soon...have my bowl of gruel and put the night cap on!
Catch you tomorrow (will there be piccy's of Timeless razors though?).

Bit like you. AC/DC (of course), Hendrix (Hendrix Blues is great), all those blues guys you mention. SRV for sure, Pink Floyd, Animals, Cream, Clapton, Joplin, Cocker, Fogerty, 3 Dog Night, CCR, Eagles.
Right now (because of the banjo) I like The Dead South. You heard them yet? Or Iron Horse?
Here's a Dead South video...
Now going to Google 'Rebetika'.
Bed time soon...have my bowl of gruel and put the night cap on!
Catch you tomorrow (will there be piccy's of Timeless razors though?).

O yea forgot Floyd.. will check out the vid later.. search markos vamvakaris.. no pics of timeless just yet but I don’t think the decision is too far

Just one more question regarding the timeless plates.. u sound like you prefer efficient plates.. do you think the 0.68 is agreesive enough for u? I understand it’s OC just want to try prevent buying a plate I won’t use.. cheers

Just one more question regarding the timeless plates.. u sound like you prefer efficient plates.. do you think the 0.68 is agreesive enough for u? I understand it’s OC just want to try prevent buying a plate I won’t use.. cheers

OK, both the OC .68 and OC .95 plates are 'efficient' but certainly not aggressive (as in a snarling guard dog going to rip your face apart). I find the .68 to be about the same as my Picollo or the NEW SC I just bought. The .68 is a tad more refined though. Silky smooth to use.
You could safely use a .68 as a daily driver but by next morning you will need another shave (well I do anyway). So for me it's a 24 hour razor just like my others, including the Mamba.
The .95 is way more efficient but not scary.
By next morning I could safely not have a shave and I would not look too 'stubbly'. Maybe later in the day I'd need a shave though. It's more of a 36 hour razor.
If I wanted just one plate I'd buy the OC .95, and now I think about it maybe a SB .95 as a second plate.
My razor came with the OC .95 and before it arrived I bought the OC .68 plate from the Timeless 'Returns' section (just as 'insurance' in case I didn't like the .95).
For you, well I don't know your whiskers, etc or what type of shave you prefer.
My thoughts are a .95 plate in what configuration you like (OC, SB, or Scalloped), as it's a good plate and topped with a scalloped cap (all highly polished of course) certainly will have the look you want.
You will need a good soap, but that's true for most razors anyway (apart from my Mamba which is happy with anything! It has a very mild nature).
You know that Timeless will take back anything you don't like (30 day return policy).
You could get an OC and a SB and send back the one you don't like.
Or get that dual sided plate in OC and SB maybe?
Hey, isn't it fun hanging out with your friends and sorting this stuff out?
Edit: But, I should add that if your heart says get the Wolfman, then that's what you should do. OR...get both! A Wolfman when you can find one, and a Timeless for right now. How easy is that?

Last edited:
Maybe I should add that my 'other' razors (some of which I have sold already) are/have been Gillette Techs (3), Slim 'Twist', Fatboy Executive, Super Speed, Black Beauty, NEW LC, Rocket HD, Goodfella, Game Changer (both plates), Muhle R89.
Only have the Slim 'Twist', Black Beauty, and a Tech left from that lot.
So nothing really gnarly in my other razors, and they all shaved OK.
But I did find that by the end of the day I was getting a bit stubbly again.
That doesn't happen with the Timeless (either plate), or the Picollo.
The NEW SC is fine too if I feed it a Feather, but I have all these Nacets to use up!

I'm really starting to think about a wee thinning out @SpeedyPC .
For vintage I have the NEW SC, Black Beauty, Tech, and the Slim 'Twist' remaining.
With the other razors (Timeless, Fatip Picollo and Gentile, and the Mamba I now have razors not being used but stored in a drawer instead.
The NEW SC, Timeless, Fatip Picollo, and Mamba will stay, but think the rest will be coming on BST at a later date.
Might keep the 'Twist' because it's cheap and cheerful and is handy to take away on holiday (if it gets broken or stolen I'm not going to cry too much).
So maybe the Tech and the Black Beauty can go (and the Gentile?)...hmmm, that's not much of a 'thinning out' is it?

yeah just doing as much read up as i can atm. What i am getting for sure is the babershop handle 85mm, 0.95 SB... I will also get a 0.68 plate but not sure if i should go scalloped or OC for that one. also still thinking about a smooth or scalloped cap.............

yeah just doing as much read up as i can atm. What i am getting for sure is the babershop handle 85mm, 0.95 SB... I will also get a 0.68 plate but not sure if i should go scalloped or OC for that one. also still thinking about a smooth or scalloped cap.............
I say GRAB THE SCALLOPED!! Why? Because you have the sexiest theme in your den

For the .68 I reckon the OC, and match with the scalloped cap.
I would have preferred the scalloped cap with mine but as it was an ebay buy I had to take what was offered.
Nothing wrong with the smooth cap though.
I just think the scalloped cap looks more gnarly! I think @SpeedyPC agrees too.
Mine also has the Barberpole handle, 85mm, (14mm diameter with razor stand to match). That is a very nice handle to use.