What is a good Gin?

Any comments on the Darley's Gin sold at Aldi? I saw it the other day and assumed for the price it cant be good, but seems to be some good reviews on the internet?

Probably worth a go at that price. If its awful you can drown it in tonic or lime to cover the taste. The Internets tell me its won a couple of medals and its made in Oz.

@Jase if it's anything like their Whisky I would pass

The only whisky I've had from them was a 30 year old blend found in a store in country Victoria. It was pretty good all things considered. A mate is trying to find the worst cheap scotch on the market and it sounds like I'll have to send him up to Aldi for their "home brand".

The Botanist - Islay Dry Gin
I'm no Gin aficionado either but enjoying this bottle.

@Cpt Bluebear

It far from the worst Whisky in the market. But I had the 30 year and I would rather a younger Whisky that have some interest. Their Whisky had no distinguishing features but is not offensive.

God I sound like a snob

Probably worth a go at that price. If its awful you can drown it in tonic or lime to cover the taste. The Internets tell me its won a couple of medals and its made in Oz.

I did end up grabbing a bottle the other day just out of curiosity - not bad, definitely drinkable, but I prefer Bombay Sapphire.

Just seen this and going to had my 2 cents
West Winds sabre made in Margaret River
Bought this duty free and took to Indo very enjoyable with fresh limes and lots of ice
I prefer this to Bombay which was my go to

Tanqueray is good but whatever gin you settle on don't waste time by trying it with Sodastream tonic.....

Sodastream tonic is an ok refresher/thirst quencher with ice and lemon when it's hot outside but just tastes terrible when mixed with a nice gin.

Well, tanqueray batch 10 was $60 at dans so grabbed a bottle and some fever tree Indian tonic was a dollar off for 3 bottles. Will report when I get a chance.

Anyone tried any of the Sipsmith range.
Sipsmith is an outstanding gin. One of the absolute best if you like dry, juniper forward London style gins. I love it as it isn't too oddball - it tastes as gin should. It is, however, hideously expensive in this country. Of the premium gins, I think Tanqueray 10 (at $60) and Beefeater 24 are best value.

Any thoughts about the star of Bombay?