What sort of soap do you use in the shower?

0a0a1452.jpg
As seen on TV?

In one of my OCD moments i tryed to find a chemical free soap , the closest was Johnsons baby soap but it still had stabilizers and other things. So i started making my own soap .A Castle soap , 3 ingredients water, costic soda and olive oil It is now the only soap we use and it is very good .And so easy to make.

In one of my OCD moments i tryed to find a chemical free soap , the closest was Johnsons baby soap but it still had stabilizers and other things. So i started making my own soap .A Castle soap , 3 ingredients water, costic soda and olive oil It is now the only soap we use and it is very good .And so easy to make.
Can you pass on the recipe? Many thanks

Just google Castle soap making . I have done the slow cooker recipe and the bowl &stick mix both are good ,just look for the easiest and simple video / recipe
Being pedantic and a chemist.
The correct spelling is castile soap.

Unless you are in the cold empty vacuum of space everything is chemicals. The use of words like "chemical free" drives me nuts. Olive oil is a mixture of free fatty acids and triglycerides plus various other residues from the olive like proteins, sterols, flavonoids, pigments. The MLM women with their essential oils are the epitome of this. "It's essential oil so its chemical free". No it's still f$#king chemicals Karen.

What you have been looking for a soap without additional stabilisers and preservatives. My view is this is a philosophical decision and not necessarily a health decision. Just because something doesn't contain a stabiliser does not make it better or natural. There is nothing natural about soap we take fat and mix it with hydroxide to cause a chemical reaction.

I'll stop ranting now.

Being pedantic and a chemist.
The correct spelling is castile soap.

Unless you are in the cold empty vacuum of space everything is chemicals. The use of words like "chemical free" drives me nuts. Olive oil is a mixture of free fatty acids and triglycerides plus various other residues from the olive like proteins, sterols, flavonoids, pigments. The MLM women with their essential oils are the epitome of this. "It's essential oil so its chemical free". No it's still f$#king chemicals Karen.

What you have been looking for a soap without additional stabilisers and preservatives. My view is this is a philosophical decision and not necessarily a health decision. Just because something doesn't contain a stabiliser does not make it better or natural. There is nothing natural about soap we take fat and mix it with hydroxide to cause a chemical reaction.

I'll stop ranting now.
Was thinking the same when I read that. If it has no chemicals it's fiction.

Goat body wash with coconut smell.
It doesn't irritate me like most body wash which leaves me a little itchy. I use it as the shave soap for body too, which has no lather more just a blade lube but works good.

wash-coco-1.png