What the hell did I just buy?

laidlow

Came home from the pub a bit boozy last night and dropped a bid on the razor below, didn't even remember till this morning when I was browsing my watch list :p

$(KGrHqEOKjME4iD7dkHEBOMMfp)qgw~~0_12.JPG

Only information on the razor is "Made in Japan" - any ideas?

I don't know the model, it may be an older Feather..

It looks very dilapidated to be honest.

Bloody Sambucca hey!

Mark'll be able to tell you exactly what it is (single ring NEW or something?) but it's a nice looking razor whatever it is. And I'm sure it'll clean up nicely. How much did you pay for it? Don't blame the Sambucca.

Mark'll be able to tell you exactly what it is (single ring NEW or something?) but it's a nice looking razor whatever it is. And I'm sure it'll clean up nicely. How much did you pay for it? Don't blame the Sambucca.

B&B'ers seem to think it could be a Ball End Old Type, only paid a tenner for it so even if it is rough I'm pretty happy...

And I was drinking Jack Daniel's actually, you cant get me anywhere NEAR a bottle of Sambucca hahahaha

Last edited:
B&B'ers seem to think it could be a Ball End Old Type, only paid a tenner for it so even if it is rough I'm pretty happy...

And I was drinking Jack Daniel's actually, you cant get me anywhere NEAR a bottle of Sambucca hahahaha

That's a good price. Aren't the old types the ones with the customary cracked barrel? Nothing looks cracked on that one. Didn't know you were actually supposed to drink Jack Daniels!

Don't ask me - I only have Gillettes :)

Seriously I think if it only has made in Japan it is likely to be a clone of a ball end Old Type.

Yeah.
That's a ball end old.
If it says made in japan, then it's a copy of a ball end OLD and might be better because it lacks the cracked handle.
If the handle is cracked, then it probably won't say made in japan and it will be a gillette ball end OLD.