What to do with the donut

StratMan

I now have a few donut holes in some of my soaps and was wondering what you guys did. Do you just keep the hole there and build lather around it or push the edges down to cover the hole?

Mmmm....Doughnuts.....

Do what works for you - if you can still load enough soap onto the brush then keep going. If you're struggling, you can mash it down to cover the tub evenly.

You will get to a point when there isnt enough left to load properly, and may even keep spinning around the tub - this is when i transfer it to a spare tub along with all other soap ends to make a mish mash frankensoap. When this fills, we will see how it goes....

Mmmm....Doughnuts.....

Do what works for you - if you can still load enough soap onto the brush then keep going. If you're struggling, you can mash it down to cover the tub evenly.

You will get to a point when there isnt enough left to load properly, and may even keep spinning around the tub - this is when i transfer it to a spare tub along with all other soap ends to make a mish mash frankensoap. When this fills, we will see how it goes....

I’ve got a couple of ‘doughnuts’ on the warehouse floor that I’d like to ‘mash’ together - but - dohhhhh....🤓🤓🤓

Mmmmm.... what a dilemma and being such a soap stooge not one I have never had to deal with before. I blame my new found love for bowl lathering with a synthetic

The ring is starting to spin and I dont want to transfer the whole lot to a lather bowl because it has developed some sandy grittiness to it that needs a good workup in the bowl and not so good for transferring straight to face lathering. As suggested by @tim33z I'll continue to load from the tub until it becomes unmanageable but surprised there were no other suggestions. Not keen on the frankensoap idea. If I have to might squeeze remains into a second lather bowl. One with deeper grooves and higher ridges for loading the brush and holding the soap and the other for developing the lather.

Cos I am using it daily could probably benefit from leaving the lid off to dry out between shaves

w3dzPkv.jpg

Mmmmm.... what a dilemma and being such a soap stooge not one I have never had to deal with before. I blame my new found love for bowl lathering with a synthetic

The ring is starting to spin and I dont want to transfer the whole lot to a lather bowl because it has developed some sandy grittiness to it that needs a good workup in the bowl and not so good for transferring straight to face lathering. As suggested by @tim33z I'll continue to load from the tub until it becomes unmanageable but surprised there were no other suggestions. Not keen on the frankensoap idea. If I have to might squeeze remains into a second lather bowl. One with deeper grooves and higher ridges for loading the brush and holding the soap and the other for developing the lather.

Cos I am using it daily could probably benefit from leaving the lid off to dry out between shaves

w3dzPkv.jpg
You could try smooshing it down with your thumb to spread it out a bit. Or you could try scooping it into a somewhat smaller container and smooshing it into the bottom. I have a couple of empty Simpson's tins and one Noberu tin that are ideal for this. I mostly use them for samples.