What to pair with Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice?

lerenau

...is a cheeky monkey
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Hi,

I'm looking to give some Barrister & Mann products a try.

I have my heart set on trying the Reserve-Spice splash. But I'm trying to find something to pair with it.
I figure artisans put a lot of effort into their wares. So, I want to pair correctly within the same brand where possible.

My initial thoughts were either Seville or Cheshire. Mostly just because they seem like popular choices in general. Even 'Will' (?) from B&M seemed quite proud of them in an interview I saw. Does anyone think these would work together? Or at least not clash? Am I completely off-base?

Sorry if this is a silly question... None of my mates have reached beyond a $2 disposable razor and gel-in-a-can.

Ta.

I have all three Barrister Reserve aftershaves, and love them. They are great for refreshing the face, and a bit lighter in alcohol than many other aftershaves, so less sting. Also lots of skin-friendly additives like allantoin, aloe, chamomile, witch hazel, glycerin, and sodium lactate.
They all have fresh, light scents, which are very flexible in matching. Don't expect the scent to hang around - maybe an hour or two.
The two soaps you mention should pair well. I would also consider Solarion and Cologne Russe. But don't feel that you have to stay with the same manufacturer for scent matching.

I find that after a cold water rinse the soap scent on the skin is so faint as to not interfere with the aftershave scent.
Although there is something to be said for matching soaps and aftershaves, there are too many wonderful aftershaves to experience, not just for the scent but for the soothing and healing properties as well.

Will's matched soaps & splashes are right up there in terms of staying power, unfortunately the Reserve range I don't believe is anywhere near as good scent-wise. Honestly, I'd prefer Kyovu back in Original (which is matched to Seville), and excellent for the dry winter air that occurs in Canberra and country NSW.

I am pretty sure that TSW has the Lavanille splash in stock, and it would make an excellent winter scent along with the soap.

There's always the Reserve Spice soap coming out June 9th. ;)

Seville (powdery barbershop with some citrus) and Cheshire (Earl Gray Tea) would probably agree well enough with it though.