What's your best alcohol splash, disregarding scent?

pyrokov

Really just looking for something to dump a million menthol crystals in. Speick seems great with its interesting ingredients list. What do you guys reckon?

Well, Barrister's Reserve is truly a great formulation and has unobtrusive scent so I think it would fit your requirement well. The "cool" has some menthol already so maybe go for that?

PAA also do a killer A/S with scents to match. Out of that range I would suggest Al Fin, or CaD. Both scents would work well mentholated.

I've never tried Spieck

If you're talking the best performance for skin, I've been very impressed by B&M, Stirling and Blackship Grooming (bugger, almost forgot myrsol!).

B+M has Allantoin, Panthenol, Glycerin, Taurine, Phenoxyethanol, Aloe, Witch Hazel and a few other things in it that are great for the skin. It also has a premium price if you are just going to "dump a bunch of menthol" in it.

Unless you want to order a neat bottle of Witch Hazel, a bottle of thayers with a few menthol crystals in it will see you right or indeed any supermarket based alcohol aftershave for a few bucks.

From my personal experience, alcohol content will dictate the limits of menthol you're able to dissolve into a product.
The more alcohol, the better :)
My Thayers has a menthol layer that requires heating and shaking before use!

I've noticed that Speick contains Lactic Acid (myrsol plastic does too), which is a bit of a concern to me I've read a lot about the long term sun damage it could cause.

From my personal experience, alcohol content will dictate the limits of menthol you're able to dissolve into a product.
The more alcohol, the better :)
My Thayers has a menthol layer that requires heating and shaking before use!
Amen! I added some gin to my Thayers cucumber and I'm in the exact same boat. As much as I like Thayers, I won't be satisfied with how much menthol it'll dissolve.

I've noticed that Speick contains Lactic Acid (myrsol plastic does too), which is a bit of a concern to me I've read a lot about the long term sun damage it could cause.

I'm sorry to say, and I can't let it pass - I saw a lot of this YKW. An awful lot. This is bad for you, that bad for, this causes cancer etc. I really don't want us to go there, because there is way too much shit on the net, and it doesn't need propagating.

Frankly, virtually all of the sites that come up with this stuff are full of shit. Sites that go the big scare on lactic are saying you're leaving you're skin exposed, due to the acid 'exfoliation effect'. Well, fuckin Duh, I get that from my face wash too, or scrubbing too hard with a loofah.

Everyone is 'exposed' if they're not using sunscreen. Junk fucking science. No research, no studies, no peer review, no real science, (but lots of words and 'information' that sounds like it is) just random people with an agenda spouting off.

Lactic acid is natural, we release it from our muscles during sport. Now, not everything that's natural is good for you, and not everything that's synthetic is bad. But, we do actually produce this stuff ourselves from inside our own bodies, as opposed to just slapping it on from a bathroom product. So we're hardly avoiding the stuff....

I'm sorry to say, and I can't let it pass - I saw a lot of this YKW. An awful lot. This is bad for you, that bad for, this causes cancer etc. I really don't want us to go there, because there is way too much shit on the net, and it doesn't need propagating.

Frankly, virtually all of the sites that come up with this stuff are full of shit. Sites that go the big scare on lactic are saying you're leaving you're skin exposed, due to the acid 'exfoliation effect'. Well, fuckin Duh, I get that from my face wash too, or scrubbing too hard with a loofah.

Everyone is 'exposed' if they're not using sunscreen. Junk fucking science. No research, no studies, no peer review, no real science, (but lots of words and 'information' that sounds like it is) just random people with an agenda spouting off.

Lactic acid is natural, we release it from our muscles during sport. Now, not everything that's natural is good for you, and not everything that's synthetic is bad. But, we do actually produce this stuff ourselves from inside our own bodies, as opposed to just slapping it on from a bathroom product. So we're hardly avoiding the stuff....

Lactic acid kills; remember, it played a part in the death of Pvt. Santiago in “A Few Good Men.”

Whilst I will not comment on Lactic Acid in particular, I do want to echo @Drubbing's comments re sources of information. So much of the stuff I see is simply opinion pieces from people with little to no expertise in the field specific to their statements. When reading this sort of stuff please ask yourself questions like, is this person an expert in this field, are they trying to sell me something, are there any links, or foot notes to those who are showing what they say it correct etc. Most of the time it's just snake oil so as TSE says "keep your eyes, up, open and always follow the money". Click bait is a rampant!

I've been looking into research pieces following drubbing's comment. From what I've gathered, lactic acid and glycolic acid are both very good for rejuvenating skin, however they have been found to reduce melanin in two layers of human skin according to one of the reports. I don't have much doubt that this would indeed have some degree of negative affect on your skin in the long run if you were to be fairly exposed to sunlight and have fair skin. All in all I think it would probably be ok for someone like me, who hates sunlight anyway