What's your favourite soap?

$qwuzzy

So I've been trying a whole bunch of different soaps.
First soap was Trumper's Violet.
Then kinda went on a spree and picked up in close succession p.160 duro + morbido, cella, MWF and palmolive, valobra and tabac sticks.

I've used the Trumper and p.160 morbido quite a lot. Tried the tabac for a bit, and wasn't fussed. Started on the Cella last week - quite a nice cream.

Used the MWF this morning (kinda using the technique that Mantic posted on youtube - I remember watching it ages ago). Wow. Just wow. What a lovely soap!!!! Worked so well for me this morning.

So what's your favourite soap?

I do like the Col Conk Bay Rum. Good lather and nice on the skin. Once it explodes it doesn't stop.

Second would be TOBS Sandalwood. I love the scent, and on my Omega brush with the stiffer bristles it lathers up quite nicely (I just can't get the lather thick enough yet).

Martin de Candre,followed by MWF,La Toja and AoS lavender.The frenchies like PdP,PS,Loccitane Cade and eshave are great too.

I'd never heard of them. Would love to grab some, however considering there's several kg's of shaving soaps on the shelf I kinda feel bad buying more.

Yeah yeah yeah. I know. Preparing for the shavpocalypse. But still...

Don't you know somebody who's got 100kg of the stuff in a freezer somewhere?

I do, but I've tried that already.

I've got others that stand in just as well. Tabac and Speick are also excellent. Cella too. All tallow, you'll notice.

I must admit, after just using Speick for probably the third time, it is good.

Loads of lather and very little scent afterwards.

..........All tallow, you'll notice.

I'm heading that way. In sticks it's a bit limited with only Tabac, Irish Moos and Arko that are readily available so I might in future have to buy it in puck form and mill/melt it in to stick containers. Mind you I've got enough product now to last me for a few years. So this now has to become an AD. Not sure I'm willing to give in to that in a hurry. I've tamed the razor disorder as the choice of SE models is really limited to a dozen or so, most of which then become duplicates made by the same manufacturer under a different name. And there are only really two SE blades one of which is carbon steel and really not worth the effort so that one's tamed by a complete lack of choice. Brushes I also have under control. I'm a good boy now!

I'm heading that way. In sticks it's a bit limited with only Tabac, Irish Moos and Arko that are readily available so I might in future have to buy it in puck form and mill/melt it in to stick containers.

La Toja tallow stick is highly thought of too. But only from Vintage Scent. They sell Semogues too...

La Toja tallow stick is highly thought of too. But only from Vintage Scent. They sell Semogues too...

I got one from there, haven't used it yet but definitely like the scent. Clean, masculine. Might use it this morning!

Euro palmolive shave stick
Tabac
Mennen ( the old one with tallow). Fidjit over at B&B found a few sticks and it works great.

So I've been trying a whole bunch of different soaps.
First soap was Trumper's Violet.
Then kinda went on a spree and picked up in close succession p.160 duro + morbido, cella, MWF and palmolive, valobra and tabac sticks.

I've used the Trumper and p.160 morbido quite a lot. Tried the tabac for a bit, and wasn't fussed. Started on the Cella last week - quite a nice cream.

Used the MWF this morning (kinda using the technique that Mantic posted on youtube - I remember watching it ages ago). Wow. Just wow. What a lovely soap!!!! Worked so well for me this morning.

So what's your favourite soap?

This week my favorite is Calani Iberian Sun.

Last week it was Provence Sante.

The week before it was Pre de Provence.

The week before that it was Durance en Provence.

The week before that and the week before that it was...........

I forget !

- Damn Jack Daniels !

Speick still rules.
Stick? Or does this come in block form?

This week my favorite is Calani Iberian Sun.

Last week it was Provence Sante.

The week before it was Pre de Provence.

The week before that it was Durance en Provence.

The week before that and the week before that it was...........

I forget !

- Damn Jack Daniels !

Yeah.....I don't recognise any of those.
Where are they from?

Yeah.....I don't recognise any of those.
Where are they from?

Calani is made by an artisan in Germany. - IMO, exceptional soaps.

The others are part of the French connection. i.e. part of the plethora of superb shave soaps from France. - Seems when it comes to colognes, perfumes, soaps / shaving soaps/ creams the French can't do much wrong.
Also in this group must be included Institut Karite, L'Occitane Cade and of course the "Holy Grail" of soaps Martin de Candre.

Calani soaps....

Attachments

• Calani soaps.jpg
    Calani soaps.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 3