What's your favourite soap?

Hey Lord, is there a particular site you buy them through?

MdC is only sold through their website from France. Which currently seems stuffed, with hypertext all over the place. No change from $45 for the glass pot of 170g soap. Supposedly lasts a very long time. No idea how much shipping is.

Hey Jug,

M de C shipping is around $23.00 from memory making it a hideously expensive soap.
It's a bit like a bottle of vintage Moet et Chandon or Bollinger though. Once you've had a taste, it's difficult to accept anything else.
It's what the English might refer to as.... " Reassuringly expensive "

The Calani soaps you'll have to google translate the Calani web site and send a message to Catherin who is the lady that makes the soap. The cost from memory is around $ 8.00 per puk of boxed soap and shipping is about the same. ( two puks can be shipped for the same $8.00 price. ) Catherin speaks good enough English to make it all happen.

Rasierseifen - Calani Seifenmanufaktur

I think L'occitane Cade I bought through Amazon U.S.

Amazon.com: L'Occitane en Provence Cade Shaving Soap: Beauty

John at West Coast Shaving carries Pre de Provence, Institut Karite and Provence Sante.

Provence Sante Verlaine Shaving Soap Refill

The others you might have to Google as I've forgotten where I bought 'em.

Google Translate

My fav right now would be the eshave avocado oil. For a hard soap, it just lathers up so nicely for me. It used to be my most frustrating soap of all, now one of the favourites.

Other fav would be the MWF. When I'm in a hurry and don't want to use the scuttle, using MWF and face lathering is nice and quick.

I think L'occitane Cade I bought through Amazon U.S.

$20 at any of the L'Occitane shops around this very country. There's even one in Subiaco. They sell a fancy metal bowl for it, but it's not worth it, too small too. The Cade cream isn't much chop, and the balm is frankly, shite. Uber greasy, unless your skin is like cardboard.

$20 at any of the L'Occitane shops around this very country. There's even one in Subiaco. They sell a fancy metal bowl for it, but it's not worth it, too small too. The Cade cream isn't much chop, and the balm is frankly, shite. Uber greasy, unless your skin is like cardboard.

So tell us what you really think about some of L'Occitane's products !
- Don't hold back !
:D:D:D:D:D

Some of their stuff is really nice, but the men's range is small and a bit pricey.
I haven't tried any of the other products manufactured by L'Occitane however I find their shaving soap to be excellent like many Italian/German/French soaps.

What do you think of the shaving soap ?

Not particularly mad about the scent, but then the French have long had a love affair with herbacious* and lavender scents.
( *herbacious is as polite as I can get without saying elementary, earthy and grassy.)

I must correct you when you suggest that some of their stuff is a bit pricey.
The correct terminology used by those that live on the correct side of the continent is : "Reasurringly expensive" :mad:
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I haven't tried any of the other products manufactured by L'Occitane however I find their shaving soap to be excellent like many Italian/German/French soaps.

What do you think of the shaving soap ?
I don't mind it at all. Like the scent a lot. I've had it a long time. My fat ol silvertip never lathered it very well - too fluffy, and my boars did struggle a bit with what is a fairly hard soap. But I've given it a run recently with the Simpson's and I've come to like it a lot more, the Simpson's best eats hard soap. But - it has softened up quite a bit now I'm down the the last 1/4 of it, so that may have something to do with it too.

I must correct you when you suggest that some of their stuff is a bit pricey. The correct terminology used by those that live on the correct side of the continent is : "Reasurringly expensive"

Only if you like it a lot. If you don't it's "overpriced trash".

I don't mind it at all. Like the scent a lot. I've had it a long time. My fat ol silvertip never lathered it very well - too fluffy, and my boars did struggle a bit with what is a fairly hard soap. But I've given it a run recently with the Simpson's and I've come to like it a lot more, the Simpson's best eats hard soap. But - it has softened up quite a bit now I'm down the the last 1/4 of it, so that may have something to do with it too.

Only if you like it a lot. If you don't it's "overpriced trash".

Your boars struggled but your Simpsons didn't ???????????

That's the first time I've heard some one say that !

Bizzare !!!

So looks like you don't get on with MWF or L'Occitane - You might be better suited to using those boars with creams. - LOL !!! :eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

Your boars struggled but your Simpsons didn't ???????????

That's the first time I've heard some one say that !

Bizzare !!!

So looks like you don't get on with MWF or L'Occitane - You might be better suited to using those boars with creams. - LOL !!! :eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

I think Cade and another couple of veggies I had were just so hard - I didn't want to spend forever loading them up. I found the softer soaps did this better, and shaved better too.

But the Cade has had another run, and I've found it a lot better this time. But I've probably improved little things here and there with my lather making since then.

I think Cade and another couple of veggies I had were just so hard - I didn't want to spend forever loading them up. I found the softer soaps did this better, and shaved better too.

But the Cade has had another run, and I've found it a lot better this time. But I've probably improved little things here and there with my lather making since then.

Hey my friend,
without meaning to tell you how to suck eggs, you can always soften up any soap, particularly the triple milled English Taylor, Trumpers and Harris by soaking them in hot water for twenty minutes prior to use ala MWF. ( though with MWF or any other soap that contains lanolin, it's not a good idea to use hot water only warm.)

You've inspired me to break out the L'Occitane Cade for a shave ! :D

My fav right now would be the eshave avocado oil. For a hard soap, it just lathers up so nicely for me. It used to be my most frustrating soap of all, now one of the favourites.

Other fav would be the MWF. When I'm in a hurry and don't want to use the scuttle, using MWF and face lathering is nice and quick.

Yeah I agree, eshave is lovely. - yet another highly regarded French soap.

If I'm in a hurry I use Kiss My Face cream. - Just look at it... and it starts to lather itself ! - :laugh: - the Patchouli scent is real nice.

Last edited by a moderator: