Which bay rum??

Schmicko

Hi guys can you give me an idea of what you think is the more traditional bay rum aftershave
1. Clubman virgin island bay rum a/s

or

2. Lucky tiger bay rum

I have just recently bought Phoenix and beau bay rum soap and A/S and love it but want to explore another bay rum style A/S

what are your thoughts??

Hi guys can you give me an idea of what you think is the more traditional bay rum aftershave
1. Clubman virgin island bay rum a/s

or

2. Lucky tiger bay rum

I have just recently bought Phoenix and beau bay rum soap and A/S and love it but want to explore another bay rum style A/S

what are your thoughts??
I agree the Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum is a nice bay rum scent. I have also tried a few others that are really good; AP Reserve Bay City, PAA Atomic Rocket and Bay Rum from Mikes Natural Soap which isn't as strong. I'm keen to try out Stirling Soap Co. version as its quite popular and available locally at a reasonable price. :)

I like me some Ogallala, first use sent mt lips numb for 10 minutes. Strong peppercorn and clove heat and long lasting scent. Makes Clubman like lolly water in comparison or if you really want a burn Captains Choice Cat'o'Nine tails although Ogallala is strong enough IMO

Hi P&C, considering trying Mikes Natural, but a bit $$ @ $45 from vshod although a very good performer on all accounts.
http://www.vshod.com/shaving-soap/Mikes-Natural-Soaps-Bay-Rum-Shaving-Soap-Australia.html
I avoid lanolin and note 2nd ingredient listed, Does it have a strong lanolin content?
Anyone else that is sensitive to lanolin and cannot use MWF or had experience with Mikes?
Don't know about the lanolin issue - but one of my all time absolute favourite soaps...

Don't know about the lanolin issue - but one of my all time absolute favourite soaps...
I agree with Mikes being a top performing soap but it must be me as the puck I received from Vshod appears to be the newer formula and I'm not too impressed with the lack of scent...? YMMV as my original Lemongrass & Eucalyptus tin has a stronger scent and appears harder to the touch...? :unsure:

Personally I like Ogallala mixed with lucky tiger.
I used the lucky tiger for a while but then dumped the whole bottle of Ogallala in there.
Very good.

Personally I like Ogallala mixed with lucky tiger.
I used the lucky tiger for a while but then dumped the whole bottle of Ogallala in there.
Very good.
Been using the Clubman as air freshener at work by adding to a diffuser, but this sounds like a good option to make the aftershave last

Been using the Clubman as air freshener at work by adding to a diffuser, but this sounds like a good option to make the aftershave last
I actually have never done the clubman thing..
I find lucky tiger to be way to sweet and artificial on its own, the Ogallala is the opposite, all pepper and clove and a bit gross in its own right- who says two wrongs don’t make a right ;)

Ogallala double strength lime and peppercorn bay rum is one I find myself going back to frequently.
Grand Bay rum and Dominica bay rum are another two, as are their bay and lime variants.

Ogallala double strength lime and peppercorn bay rum is one I find myself going back to frequently.
Grand Bay rum and Dominica bay rum are another two, as are their bay and lime variants.
What's the best way to get your hands on some *authentic* bay rum?

P&B Imperial Bay Rum IMO is the best Bay Rum scent there is. It was my first foray into Bay Rum and I've always been disappointed with every other brand out there. In fact I've been so let down by Bay Rum I've given up and will never buy it again from anyone but P&B. Taylor of Old Bond Street is probably the worst. I bought their splash and near on gag every time I open the bottle.

Clubman virgin island bay rum is probably the next best.

The biggest issue with Bay Rum is that the scent only seems to hang around for 2 hours and then it's gone and it's the same for every brand.

I'm loving my Stirling Bay Rum from local reseller Artisan Arcade!

I've bought so many Stirling soaps from them but never tried their Bay Rum, as I said, I'm a bit gun shy when it comes to that scent now.

I'm a big fan of Stirling so may be tempted to give it another shot, after I finish off all the other Bay Rums I've got 🤣

P&B Imperial Bay Rum IMO is the best Bay Rum scent there is. It was my first foray into Bay Rum and I've always been disappointed with every other brand out there. In fact I've been so let down by Bay Rum I've given up and will never buy it again from anyone but P&B. Taylor of Old Bond Street is probably the worst. I bought their splash and near on gag every time I open the bottle.

Clubman virgin island bay rum is probably the next best.

The biggest issue with Bay Rum is that the scent only seems to hang around for 2 hours and then it's gone and it's the same for every brand.

Have you tried Ogalalla?
P&B and Stirling are on my must try list.

Have you tried Ogalalla?
P&B and Stirling are on my must try list.

No, I've never tried Ogalalla. Just looked it up, Ozbarber has it cheap at the moment so I might give it a go.

P&B isn't a traditional rum scent as such but it's good. It's well worth the try.