Which smartphones are the best?

To be honest, I have been a HTC user for the last few phones and have been very happy with them as the front-facing speakers are amazing. The screen & camera is a bit lacklusture. That said, the HTC 10 didn't really kick any goals for me, so stayed on my M9. I am due for a new phone in the new year so I am starting to hunt for the new .

My other half had the LG G4 which was a really well built phone, and now has a G5. I am very impressed with it, and it is quite cheap now through grey channels like DWI and the like. Be wary as the new phones will come out around April-May for Android, the LG G6 will be there with the Samsung Galaxy S8, HTC 11 and the others.

Agreed taht the OnePlus and XiaoMi phones are excellent value - lots of bang for the buck but they generally are lacking the very top features.

The other issue with the grey imports is they may lack some of the 4G bands we use in Australia i.e Band 28(700mhz).

If you a noob to smartphones the iPhones are really simple to use and near impossible to screw up... whatever you choose, make sure you setup find your phone if you loose it you can locate it or remotely wipe it...
Google Pixel looks good if I was to go android I would do that and you are guaranteed updates for much longer than any of the other brands. My HTC Desire HD was abandoned by HTC after only 18 months unlike my old iPhone 4s it only dropped off the update list last year and still runs ok.

Yeah, the Pixel has gotten some wonderful reviews if you want to avoid Apple for whatever reason.

If you want to sing Kumbaya around a fire there is always the Samsung Galaxy Note and according to some reports S7 edge :whistle:;)
Actually I have a Note 2 for a bit and its was not to bad.... but I have spent so much in the Apple App store it doesn't make any sense to switch.. and I have other Apple gear

Really happy with my new Xiaomi...