Which Watch?

Sxot

Artisan Producer
So I have been wearing a Pebble since they have been release on Kickstarter a couple of years back but the unreliability of the bluetooth connection has get to me and I won't wear it any more.

So I'm in the market for a new funky watch but it's been decades since I bought one (other than the Pebble). I'm looking at the sub $200 mark for a dress watch, but doesn't have to be. A divers watch could make the grade too. Thing is I am a been stalk and have small wrists (50mm wide - 6.5" around) so a big watch isn't going to fly.

I just saw this citizen pop up in my Massdrop email. Are they worth while? Any other suggestions?

TIA

Simple seiko works well in that price range.

Whatever you decide on do a good hunt through ebay. I once bought a $400 watch from a jeweller only to see it on ebay the next week for $130 from HK. I like to support local but some markups are silly.

You could look at 400-500 range and still be able to afford it

Monsta got himself a nice Seiko SNZH53 (or other coloured variant) for about that sort of price I think.
Another one I like the look of is the Korean made Tissell dive watch. It's unabashedly a Rolex copy but still looks appealing to me. Currently sold out because they can't get hold of enough Miyota 9015 movements but hopefully not long before they restock.

Maybe an Orient bambino if you want the dress look? They come in black or white

Last edited:
Thanks for those suggestions.
I did look back at the Seiko Monsta bought but for me. That and the Tissell look too chunky for me. I'm after a more delicate look.

I think around that sort of price range if you want an automatic you would be looking at the Seiko 5's , Citizen, or Orient.
Citizen have a good range of eco-drives - just look for something in the 40mm or smaller case size.

I can't go back and edit, or I would - the Seiko 5 SNK range could have something for you.
And if you buy from Singapore they are very competitively priced. Skywatches don't seem to have many left in stock, but what they do have are very well priced.