Whisky and of course Whiskey

MrT

Commander of Soap
State Rep - NSW
Group Buy Associate
A recent acquisition.

Very good stuff. Opposite end to the Ardbeg spectrum. Notes of pear and citrus. Clean and fresh, like what I imagine a Japanese forest to be like. Slightly sweet too. If ever there was a breakfast whisky, this would be it.

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
A recent acquisition.

Very good stuff. Opposite end to the Ardbeg spectrum. Notes of pear and citrus. Clean and fresh, like what I imagine a Japanese forest to be like. Slightly sweet too. If ever there was a breakfast whisky, this would be it.
It's in the list.

Mark1966

...when the General talks
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
A recent acquisition.

A breakfast whisky - now THAT would be a worry!!!

Hey - Happy shaving :)

MrT

Commander of Soap
State Rep - NSW
Group Buy Associate
It's in the list.
Cool. What else in on the list?

The Hakushu 12yo is hard to find. I've been looking for it for a while and couldn't find it (could only find the Hakushu without the age specified, which apparently isn't nearly as good).

But I occasionally do some work for my brother's company, and he pays me in whisky. He walked into First Choice, grabbed something decent and gave it to me. He knows nothing about whisky, so it was such a fluke that he picked up this bottle. Awesome!

So evidently the First Choice website doesn't necessarily reflect what is available on their shelves.

MrT

Commander of Soap
State Rep - NSW
Group Buy Associate
I think it was $150 at FC, so I doubt they will get $200-$300 like they estimate.

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
I think it was $150 at FC, so I doubt they will get $200-$300 like they estimate.
Yeah the estimates are a bit off. But for these hard to get Whisky, I donno. too rich for my blood anyway.