Whisky and of course Whiskey

A recent acquisition.

29336158046_7d97b85665_b.jpg

Very good stuff. Opposite end to the Ardbeg spectrum. Notes of pear and citrus. Clean and fresh, like what I imagine a Japanese forest to be like. Slightly sweet too. If ever there was a breakfast whisky, this would be it.

A recent acquisition.

Very good stuff. Opposite end to the Ardbeg spectrum. Notes of pear and citrus. Clean and fresh, like what I imagine a Japanese forest to be like. Slightly sweet too. If ever there was a breakfast whisky, this would be it.

It's in the list.

A recent acquisition.

A breakfast whisky - now THAT would be a worry!!!

Hey - Happy shaving :)

It's in the list.

Cool. What else in on the list?

The Hakushu 12yo is hard to find. I've been looking for it for a while and couldn't find it (could only find the Hakushu without the age specified, which apparently isn't nearly as good).

But I occasionally do some work for my brother's company, and he pays me in whisky. He walked into First Choice, grabbed something decent and gave it to me. He knows nothing about whisky, so it was such a fluke that he picked up this bottle. Awesome!

So evidently the First Choice website doesn't necessarily reflect what is available on their shelves.

Is that so? I am going to Tokyo end of the year. Bringing any I can find. I will be dropping by first choice tonight and have a look.

I think it was $150 at FC, so I doubt they will get $200-$300 like they estimate.

I think it was $150 at FC, so I doubt they will get $200-$300 like they estimate.

Yeah the estimates are a bit off. But for these hard to get Whisky, I donno. too rich for my blood anyway.