Whisky Problem

J.Mac

2018 Sabbatical Fail
Hi all,
I seem to have a whisky problem.
Maybe not the type of problem you assume however. You see, i have had two children in the last two years and this has severely interfered with my leisure time and ability to sip on a dram or two. This problem has led to an over supply of unopened whisky in my man cave. Whisky of good substance which deserves greater attention.

Now i understand i simply cannot list alcoholic items for sale, however if anyone would like to contact me with suggestions on how i can part ways with said whisky, perhaps we can work something out.

An indication of cost could be 1ltr bottles for 700ml pricing (Dan Murphys), or 25% off rrp for 700ml bottles. Unfortunately or fortunately, whichever way you want to look at it, my whisky drinking hobby has been some what replaced by this wet shaving business.

Polsilvers to the rescue :p
Throw @Monsta_AU a PM and ask what he will and will not allow.
A major issue with be ensuring 18+ of age.

It doesn't sound like a problem to me...just post it all to me as long as it is decent :LOL:

Yes, the main issue here is sale of alcohol without a liqour license so it's a bit of a no-go zone around on P&C. Swaps organised in person however are open.

Last edited:
What? NOTHING, short of death, should interfere with imbibing a whisky (referred to in Scotland as a "nippy sweetie" or "a hauf" [half]).
WhiskEy, you can keep for cleaning paint brushes.

That reminds me - I must finish that bottle of Chivas in the cupboard. :)
That I was given. (y)
When we got married. :D
Over 18 years ago. :eek:

(In my defense, it is a 1L bottle...and it does have a lot of companions in the cabinet)

No, I'm not a big drinker. Why do you ask?

It doesn't sound like a problem to me...just post it all to me as long as it is decent :LOL:

Yes, the main issue here is sale of alcohol without a liqour license so it's a bit of a no-go zone around on P&C. Swaps organised in person however are open.
I contacted @Mark1966 who suggested a

I contacted @Mark1966 who suggested a thread in the off license area. I was conscious of breaking site rules.

If you were in Sydney, we would have had words. Can we even post liquor I wonder?

I have 3 carpet monkeys and do enjoy a dram, what have you got, i may be able to relieve you of some of that burden. We can post liqour i think, there are special Ausfarce boxes that do it.

You think you've got a problem?
I don't even like whisky!

And like you, barely get chance to enjoy the alcohol I do like.

I was in Dublin two years ago and visited the Jameson Distillery and got a special reserve Jameson bottle with a custom label. My plan is to crack it when i retire. I look at it everyday with a yearning i cannot describe. I just want to guzzle it down.

I wouldn't part ways with mine!
Especially the elusive Yamazaki 18 YO's!
Can I get some. Dying to try it out. But not rich enough for current pricing. Got into Whisky too late to grab them when they were reasonable.

Can I get some. Dying to try it out. But not rich enough for current pricing. Got into Whisky too late to grab them when they were reasonable.
I got them while they were still reasonable. I liked them so much I got another one. THEN, it won the world whiskey award and priced went three fold.
Where are you located?

Just add some drops of Lemon myrtle essential oil or Lavender or even Bay Rum essential oil mix and you will have a reasonable after shave. That really is the only good use for whisky as far as I can suggest, that or cut it with water for a mouth wash and gargle. The alcohol content may make it suitable as a bench top disinfectant. Wiping your straight after use with some on a cotton ball may actually make it semi useful. The other thing you could do is empty the bottles by pouring down the toilet and then remove all distracting labels and fill them with different coloured water for an attractive bathroom display for your wife and kids.

Now where is that smiley? :LOL:

I got them while they were still reasonable. I liked them so much I got another one. THEN, it won the world whiskey award and priced went three fold.
Where are you located?
Sydney.

Just add some drops of Lemon myrtle essential oil or Lavender or even Bay Rum essential oil mix and you will have a reasonable after shave. That really is the only good use for whisky as far as I can suggest, that or cut it with water for a mouth wash and gargle. The alcohol content may make it suitable as a bench top disinfectant. Wiping your straight after use with some on a cotton ball may actually make it semi useful. The other thing you could do is empty the bottles by pouring down the toilet and then remove all distracting labels and fill them with different coloured water for an attractive bathroom display for your wife and kids.

Now where is that smiley? :LOL:

:eek: Oooh, a Philistine !