Why didn't I do this DE thing years ago?

Chad

... had his first - 15/8/20
Hey guys. I made this switch in plastic free july for both sustainability reasons and wanting to go old school. I consulted my mum and worked out the closest razor her dad used. A tto Parker 99r was ordered. Not messing around I got a good badger brush, sample pack of blades and arko stick to cut down on packaging.

Wow. Going from shaving in the shower with my razorclub cartridge to this is night and day. I have a 5 yr old, teach kindergarten and am pretty busy. Now I get me time and enjoying the daily ritual of shaving. My skin is loving it. I couldn't shave daily before but now I can. Bbs is addictive.

The technique has improved and times are down and cuts/iritation have almost disappeared. Just the chin area that still challenges me. Chasing smooth means a bit of burn.

The wife loved how I even painted the bathroom I wanted a more pleasing room to shave in.

Settled on for now
Parker 99r
Muhle m89 tortoise shell silvertip
Arko/proraso green
Lord stainless/Rapira/voskhod
Aesop balm

The astra sp really dont agree with me.

Cheers for adding me as a member.
Chad

Welcome aboard and enjoy your shaves! It took me quite a bit longer than two months before I could comfortably create a decent lather and shave with a DE, so I'd say you're making pretty quick progress.

Welcome to the forum @Chad, I've only been doing this since late June and have aquired quite the addiction. If someone said back in May that I would be shaving regularly and enjoying it even looking forward to it I would've laughed so hard and called them an idiot.

Welcome @Chad sounds like you have a decent handle on this.
Now watch the size of your soap/brush/razor stash exponentially increase :sneaky:

Nah I'm pretty minimalist . I did order a 100 pack of Lord blades on clearance for $8. And my older Italian neighbor insisted I try proraso soap . Just happens a local Italian supermarket sells the 150g bowl for $4.99 and the entire range of proraso half the cost of other stores. So its too cheap to pass up. Love my parker so no real reason to have any more variety .

Thanks for the welcome guys.

G'day, welcome to the forum @Chad,

Santino continental supermarket in lalor vic. Only the green in the tubs though. He did say he'd ask the rep for some red ones. Its an Italian old school deli place. Great for cheap coffee and pasta too. Leave me some!
Welcome to P&C, @Chad! Try any local Italian barbers for Proraso gear...My local barber even has Proraso sponsoring their uniforms :)

Santino continental supermarket in lalor vic. Only the green in the tubs though. He did say he'd ask the rep for some red ones. Its an Italian old school deli place. Great for cheap coffee and pasta too. Leave me some!
Is that in the strip near the library?

Welcome to P&C @Chad - smart idea to repaint the bathroom and get the better half on board :sneaky: mAke the new shaving purchases a bit less painful;)

Welcome to P&C @Chad - great to have you here and glad you enjoy your shaves (y)