Wolfman and a Kai

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
For the first time I tried a Kai in the WR2.
I have read that the Kai blade is slightly wider than a 'standard' blade (although I have never bothered to measure one).
So first shave with the WR2/Kai combination and I think that they are indeed a wider blade.
Certainly made the WR2 feel more blade forward, on either side of the 1.15 DC.
Was not pleasant at all around my chin, and just OK for the rest of my face.
The WR2 lost it's smoothness.
Checked to make sure the WR2 was assembled right (and tight), blade looked fine.
Swapped the Kai out for a Minora that was in the Karve, and put the Kai in the Karve.
WR2 was now happy..back to being smooth, Karve was happy...still gave a nice smooth shave.
If you like a more blade forward feel then try a Kai.
In the Timeless or Karve it's fine.
Not my choice for my Wolfman though.

@StratMan I have used a Feather...and it was a great shave!
Just shows the difference between your 1.25 and my 1.15 I guess.
I'm sure some folks like a bit of (or a lot of) blade feel.
I'm like you, I didn't buy a Wolfman to feel the blade. Although I like 'efficient' razors I like them smooth too.

Kai's are thicker than most blades...I once measured a bunch of blades with super accurate gauges back in my science days...and Feathers are thinner than most blades

Kai's are thicker than most blades...I once measured a bunch of blades with super accurate gauges back in my science days...and Feathers are thinner than most blades
KAI blades are thicker than the Feather blade and last longer and smoother than the Feather blade.

Feather 4 shave maximum
KAI 6 or 7 shave maximum as YMMV