Wolfman open for sales?

Well they are worlds apart, the WR2 head is a refined version of the BBS1 head - possibly the smoothest, most efficient razor ever created.

The WR1 is more of a workhorse, it's a good razor but the BBS1/WR2 are much better.

My advice is if you have the opportunity to buy a WR2, go for the solid bar and standard gap and you have one heck of a superb razor. Go wild with the handle/finish and so forth ofc.
And next it comes down to finish. I’ve never seen a satin one I can recall anyway.

Well they are worlds apart, the WR2 head is a refined version of the BBS1 head - possibly the smoothest, most efficient razor ever created.

The WR1 is more of a workhorse, it's a good razor but the BBS1/WR2 are much better.

My advice is if you have the opportunity to buy a WR2, go for the solid bar and standard gap and you have one heck of a superb razor. Go wild with the handle/finish and so forth ofc.

thanks for that.. i ordered the WR2 but with OC. From memory the one you loaned out for the passaround was a SB wasnt it? i really loved that razor for sure. I think u also had the WRH2 handle?

of course we can change our order to suit just before being made so would love to know why you prefer that to the OC version?

So...when I finalise my order I 'should' ask for WR2 SB .95 (not the OC 1.15 I asked for)?
I'm wanting a better (closer) daily shave than the SS Timeless .68 OC gives me, but don't want to go into SS Timeless .95 OC area.
Will the WR2 .95 (or the 1.15, etc) slot neatly between the 2 Timeless razors?
Hey, great to see @StratMan has arrived at the Wolfman party.

So...when I finalise my order I 'should' ask for WR2 SB .95 (not the OC 1.15 I asked for)?
I'm wanting a better (closer) daily shave than the SS Timeless .68 OC gives me, but don't want to go into SS Timeless .95 OC area.
Another one to chalk up to @Blackie for the monthly enabler award.

I dare say my order will be refined when my time comes.

Do we know when exactly this google forms process was released? Could our time zone have meant we benefited from early knowledge and jumped a lot of the US guys?

Another one to chalk up to @Blackie for the monthly enabler award.

I dare say my order will be refined when my time comes.

Do we know when exactly this google forms process was released? Could our time zone have meant we benefited from early knowledge and jumped a lot of the US guys?

you guys might off.. but stupid me was delaying the inevitable

@todras thanks for that.. As you know i have a timeless (as you do) and i find that extremely smooth.. looking forward to seeing how much smoother the wolfman will be..

maaaaaaaaate... i tried to resist, i tried hard but failed miserably (thank goodness for that)

good thing there will be a year long wait as well!! might just save my marriage :cool:

@StratMan it's good that you tried to resist, and better that you tried and failed! That sort of thing builds character for later in life.
Mate it's a well known fact that a man's skin changes with the seasons...so you really do need Summer time razors and Winter time razors.
Well, that's what I tell my Missus.

In all honestly I thought I found my RAD zen, kept at bay with ease.. then suddenly bam!! But in my defence, it’s a wolfie :love:
You have to turn yourself into a werewolf first, before you receive your wolfman razor from the Australian Post, otherwise you know what will happen sooner or later.

D7gbq40.gif

apologies to @todras and @alfredus but i need to bring up the discussion on blade gap. why? because we all like different feel and efficiencies or razors which is why wolfman has so many different gaps for this own razors and i just want to learn from peoples experiences to make the best choice for myself

I understand blade gaps themselves mean nothing but when in context of the same maker of the same head, they mean everything in giving a different experience in blade feel and efficiency.

I have done a bit of reading online and have found this in regards to the base plates and their respective gaps.

WR1 has more blade feel than WR2 which is a more refined and smoother head.

The WR1 0.74 gap plate is similar in efficiency to the WR2 1.15 gap

If the above is true then the 0.95 gap would be to mild for my tastes? but for those that like a mild plate it would be perfect

Have also read that the WR2 1.15 SB is similar to the Timeless 0.95 SB, just as efficient but the WR2 is quite a bit smoother than the timeless.. So maybe the WR2 1.15 is more suited to myself..

possibly the WR2 1.05 is more suited to @Blackie ?

@StratMan i think there should be a full and proper discussion on blade gaps and this thread is probably as good as any.

Everyone's face is different and one gap might suit most but there are those who want a touch extra efficiency, blade feel, redness (delete as appropriate) from their shaves.

Most of us will probably only be getting the 1 wolfman in our lifetime, and want it to be right from the get-go. Personally, I have this fear of getting a .95 SB and having it feel like my 34C or R89. Worse, is if it's only a decent shave with a feather blade (which always cut me up).

I'm more after something around a Karve C-D. Even if this means the Wolfman only gets used a few times a week, I wouldn't mind so much.

@tim33z exactly my thoughts, i will only be getting one wolfman razor and would hate to wait a year to find out it was too mild.. may not get a chance to buy another either, which makes it so important to get right

going to keep looking into this and hopefully those with wolfman's can chime with with their experiences, especially when comparing against those razors we already have in terms of efficiency and blade feel

I asked this very question on another forum (discussing WR2 heads).
Said I wanted about mid way between Timeless .68 OC and .95 OC efficiency/blade feel/smoothness.
A few replies indicate that the WR2 1.15 OC would be OK for me.
Can I put in a link or two?

https://www.atgshaving.com/threads/wolfman-comparisons.13758/
https://damnfineshave.com/thread-wolfman-wr2-head-discussion

That may help (or just muddy the water even more).
I'm just buying a head. A complete razor with handle and stand is not only getting over my pay scale, but then the total amount is too much and NZ Customs will happily jump all over me (Customs fees, plus add on 15% GST....you know the tax on a tax crap that Customs pull).
I'll have to get a handle on BST or buy a Titanium handle (maybe) and stand from the evil bay place.

Last edited:
@Blackie i just looked back to where i got some of my info from and it was a reply to your post on the other forum lol

and from what i have read on quite a few posts/forums i will be going for the WR2 head with the 1.15 gap in OC

I am also considering the handle options.. i currently have a timeless handle to use if i want something heavy in SS and also have a brass yaqi handle which looks nearly identical to the H7 that i was considering. If i do end up getting a handle will probably be the H2 hollowed out.. plenty of time to think about it anyway

I'm now leaning towards the 1.05 SB.
Handleweiss (almost sounds like a beer) i'm getting an H2 hollow in standard length.
I'm enjoying reading those other threads, but man they sure sound like its a p1ssing contest...