Review Wolfpac Silk Road

Nightguard

After a couple of days using and playing with this soap it's time to review, and yes. I'm shamelessly borrowing @silver's review lay out.

Packaging:
Nothing special, just the usual plastic tub. This one is grey plastic and similar in shape to Phoenix & Beau's.

Ingredients:
This is non tallow soap, ingredients are listed as - Stearic Acid, Aqua ,Cocos nucifera Oil, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum.

Scent:
This is the real stand out of this soap in my opinion. Listed as a blend of Calabrian Bergamot, Clove Bud and Patchouli essential oils, to me it's just a great, citrusy bay rum, very similar to PAA's Bay Rum.

Latherability:
Very easy to lather this soap, reminds me very much of Shaver Heavens vegan offerings. Not particularly thirsty although it can take quite a lot of water before it begins to fall apart. The lather itself is very nice, slick and cushioning.

Performance:
Again, very similar to SH's vegan lather. Slick and protective, stays nice and stable throughout the shave. Only real issue I encountered was that it leaves almost no residual slickness for those quick touch-ups.

Post Shave:
Very good post shave feel for a vegan soap. Skin feels nice and hydrated, no irritation or redness at all. The scent lingers on the skin for a little while but soon disappears.

Conclusion:
It really is great to see another Aussie breaking into the currently very crowded artisan soap market but I really don't see that there is anything particularly special here apart from the incredible scent. It's easily on par with Shaver Heaven's most recent vegan formula, which I rate above the tallow formulas, but falls below what for me are the current top artisans, P&B, OSP, Jabonman, and LpL.
This is available from Wolfpac shaving here and comes in four scents, Morning Glory, Silk Road, Ice Pac and Alpha Male (Unscented).

I quite liked the artwork on the tub you posted @Nightguard.

Nice review too mate, objective and quite informative :)

Given their name, I am wondering if they will do a Limited Edition called ... "Too Pac"

Great to hear your review on this soap @Nightguard [emoji106]

Anyone else keen to give this soap a go? Happy to PIF to an established member provided a review is written.

Generous offer!!!
When's the next Melbourne meet? Be easier for you to hand it over next meet and then it gets passed around.

Anyone else keen to give this soap a go? Happy to PIF to an established member provided a review is written.
Hey mate, i am a new member however i run a youtube wetshaving review channel and would love to be able to put this one to my subscribers! I understand if my newness puts you off in any way, obviously once reviewed i would have it flicked straight back!
Would also be happy to place a written review on here as well!
Thanks
Cris.
Youtube - Another Cut Above

I have just ordered the Morning Glory, the scent profile of that really stood out, they are on sale so happy days. If i like it silk road is next.

Hey mate, i am a new member however i run a youtube wetshaving review channel and would love to be able to put this one to my subscribers! I understand if my newness puts you off in any way, obviously once reviewed i would have it flicked straight back!
Would also be happy to place a written review on here as well!
Thanks
Cris.
Youtube - Another Cut Above

Not a worry at all mate. Send me a PM with your details and I'll send it out to you.