Hello from Sydney

ShaveOn

I've been wet shaving for about 18 months, definitely no turning back now (y)

My hardware of choice is a Merkur 34c with Polsilver Super Iridium blades and I use a Muhle Silvertip Fibre brush. Starting off I found creams easier to use but after a while I gradually made the switch to soaps finding them less irritating on my skin.

I have used shaving forums like on Reddit and Badger and Blade but never know about Paste and Cut before today. It's great to have an Australia / New Zealand forum and have the opportunity to go to meets, I just missed out on the Sydney meet yesterday.

Look forward to exploring the forum and discussing all things wet shaving :happy:

Welcome mate!

Sounds like a solid base - although some here might encourage you to buy more razors and brushes!

Enjoy poking around :)

Welcome to P&C @ShaveOn - great to have you hear and some solid gear you are using (y)(y)(y)

Welcome to P&C @ShaveOn , it's great to have another member from Sydney on the board :)

Welcome to the forum @Snooze
What are your favourite soaps?
Thanks @Snooze
Mitchell's Wool Fat would be at the top of my list for soaps I've tried. I really like D.R. Harris too and have the Arlington (considering adding either the sandalwood or marlborough for a nice woody soap). Speick has been a pretty good performer for me too especially for the price. I went a bit overboard when I started out and bought too many shaving creams (especially TOBS) which I'm not too fond of anymore so looking to restock my shelf with more soaps in place of the creams. I really like the sound of the Squadron soaps especially as they're tallow and lanolin based.

Thanks @Snooze
Mitchell's Wool Fat would be at the top of my list for soaps I've tried. I really like D.R. Harris too and have the Arlington (considering adding either the sandalwood or marlborough for a nice woody soap). Speick has been a pretty good performer for me too especially for the price. I went a bit overboard when I started out and bought too many shaving creams (especially TOBS) which I'm not too fond of anymore so looking to restock my shelf with more soaps in place of the creams. I really like the sound of the Squadron soaps especially as they're tallow and lanolin based.
Sounds like a good start @ShaveOn !!
We have several great artisan fragrance and soap makers here (@todras and @Sxot and @SchoolForAnts) and a great brush craftsman in @Tony Forsyth :)