Blade longevity experiment.

You can strop carbon blades, the the keen sharpener is a cool relic from the time where people would strip their carbon DE blades.

are the Aussie spoilers stainless?

Yep, they are stainless. Can't imagine why one would drop off on the 3rd shave. I got 5 x 3-pass shaves out of one where one edge went dull - it didn't pull on that edge, it just didn't cut whiskers.

Call it a crap shave and give it another try,

A couple of years ago, before I knew there was whole underground world of wet shavers secretly enabling one another, I was happily bumbling along with my Microtouch one. I happened to go to a market in the Southern Highlands, there was a stall there with all old tools and junk and on one side a gorilla bucket full of Gillette Super Stainless NOS. There must have been hundreds of packets at $2 each. I bought 5 packs and thought little of it. If I knew then what I know now.....

Ok so after everything with the spoilers I've decided to move onto another vintage blade instead.

The Polsilver Browns!!
20170404_181123.jpg

One of my personal favourites and I know a favourite of one or two others on here I know for a fact I'll get 5+ out of these bad boys.

So starting today the Vintage Polsilver is in the hot seat!

Thoughts?

Ok day 1 of Vintage Polsilver browns shave.

These blades are amazing. For being 25+ years old they still out do a lot of other brands out there.
What stands out for me with these blades are their smoothness, you won't find (in my uneducated opinion) anything smoother out there.

I wish I could find a bulk supply of these so I'd never run out.

Shave was amazing, no irritation, no nicks and a post save feel that keeps you to toutching your face all day.

All up these blades are a 9.5/10
Only reason they aren't a 10 is they could be a little sharper, if they where as sharp as a feather and still this smooth I'd be in shaver heaven.

Smoothness 11/10
Sharpness 8/10

Love these blades