ON SALE! Cheap bottles of booze

Had to don the hijab so they didn't recognise you?

You think a veil would be enough or are you referring to the Burqa or Niqab?

Anyhow - BOT

So you got '2 litres Jamisons Irish and 2 litres Laphroaig 10 year old' @gthomas04, presumably in conjunction with another adult - so that means you didn't use 500ml of your total duty free allowance of 2 x 2.25 litres.

This is why you need to consult an ACCOUNTANT about these things - or maybe even arrange to travel with one ...

@Mark1966

I suspect he had to wear one of those catholic nun outfits. No doubt helped by a bbs shave.

Back on topic (promise I wouldn't stray) ;) maybe he drank the 500 mil? Or more likely couldn't find a 500 mil bottling.

@gthomas04, ignore @eggbert and my jabs; we are just envious you got away. enjoy your drinks mate. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You think a veil would be enough or are you referring to the Burqa or Niqab?

Anyhow - BOT

So you got '2 litres Jamisons Irish and 2 litres Laphroaig 10 year old' @gthomas04, presumably in conjunction with another adult - so that means you didn't use 500ml of your total duty free allowance of 2 x 2.25 litres.

This is why you need to consult an ACCOUNTANT about these things - or maybe even arrange to travel with one ...
Ok bean counter 2 bottles of 1.125 litres each of Jamisons and the same for Laphroaig. And I didn't need anyone else with me as I have a split personality and we both got some.

Travel with an accountant - I would rather fly on the wing :)

@Mark1966

I suspect he had to wear one of those catholic nun outfits. No doubt helped by a bbs shave.

Back on topic (promise I wouldn't stray) ;) maybe he drank the 500 mil? Or more likely couldn't find a 500 mil bottling.

@gthomas04, ignore @eggbert and my jabs; we are just envious you got away. enjoy your drinks mate. :)
@Rami, the day I pay any attention to the jabs on P&C is the day I will hang up my keyboard.

Ok bean counter 2 bottles of 1.125 litres each of Jamisons and the same for Laphroaig. And I didn't need anyone else with me as I have a split personality and we both got some.

Travel with an accountant - I would rather fly on the wing :)

PHEW!

Would not want to see you miss out :)

Nicks new email :)

Glenfarclas 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky (700ml)
WAS $120.00 - NOW $69.99

Glenfarclas 15 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky (700ml)
WAS $150.00 - NOW $99.99

Glenfarclas 17 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky (700ml)
WAS $160.00 - NOW $119.99

Glenfarclas 21 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky (700ml)
WAS $199.00 - NOW $145.00

Glenfarclas 105 Cask Strength Single Malt Scotch Whisky (1000ml)
WAS $150.00 - NOW $105.00

Now if anyone in Sydney wants to share shipping let me know. I am coming to the meet on the 18th.

Between the 15 and the 21, I get free shipping anyway! If you need an extra bottle to make shipping, let me know.

Nick's latest rum specials here

Finally, the haul from Vanuatu Duty Free after combining allowances with the other half:
  • Cointreau 1L: AUD$23 (Dan's @ $73 for the 1L, and my concession to the other half for cocktails)
  • Ron Zacapa 23 Sistema Solera 700mL: AUD$42 (Nicks @ $90, how you like that @Mark1966?)
  • Caol Ila 12yo 1L: AUD$55 (Nicks @ $90 for only 700ml, Dans @ $99 for 700mL)
  • Glenfiddich 18yo 700mL: AUD$61 (Nicks @ $100 on special, usually $149. Dans @ $155)
  • Dalwhinnie Distillers Edition 1L, 2012 Bottling which is my preferred vintage and you cannot find it here for love nor money: AUD$77 (Dans @ $150 for the 700mL 2013 Bottling, Liquor Choice currently doing the 2013 700mL as an online runout at $90, previously $116 last I saw in store).
Other noted prices:
  • Singleton of Dufftown 1L - 15yo $64, 12yo $45 (12yo 700mL @ Gooddrop is $70)
  • Woodford Reserve 1L: $32
  • Makers 1L: $24
  • El Dorado 15yo: $65
  • Zacapa Centeniaro XO 700mL: $91 ($180 here at best)
  • Absolut 1L: Standard bottle $12, fancy/limited edition bottle $13, Flavoureds $13
  • Bundy 700mL/1L: UP $18/$22, OP $22/$24
  • Bombay Sapphire 1L: $22
  • Glenfarclas 12yo & 105 1L: $84 DUTY PAID in the major supermarket there so around $56/bottle Duty Free (no duty free stocked this at all unfortunately, Nicks is $99/$105 which is already cheaper than everywhere else in AU)
Unfortunately some of the bigger name Single Malts and Bourbons were not quite as well priced, Lagavaulin was barely under Dan's special price ($86 versus low $90's at Dans) so did not bother with that. Knob Creek & Basil Haydens were okay but better savings could be had elsewhere. Generally if you were sticking to 'Standard Bottles' that you normally get then you woud get a 1L bottle there at 50% or less of the 700mL price here.

All in all, a great trip! Happy to recommend places to people travelling to Vila.

Last edited:
Well done @Monsta_AU - makes me want to have a drink now ...

Nice prices, I'm a cheap fella and enjoy my glenfiddich 12yo and although not a single malt johnnie walker black so what I lack in taste I make up for in volume :)