What do you think about Feather?

DavidS

I have a Feather R2D2 (or something like that), and it's by far the best for me, although it does take a bit longer than my Futur, but it feels much more enjoyable shaving and the extra time is worth it and comes with less blood!

What do you straight razor aficionados think about this feather? It seems a good price point for me to get started in the exploration phase, but I need the advice and recommendations is I should be going in a different direction...

Cheers!

2z88g9v.png

rlz5np.png

These are great shavettes...well made and great to use. A couple of different AC blades are available, Professional and Super Pro as well as Kai blades. Try a few and see what works best for you.

I started off with a Feather AC SS and it is very sharp and surprisingly quite unforgiving compared to a straight. Easy to nick yourself in the learning phase. But you don't have to worry about stropping etc. I had similar thoughts then migrated to straights - trust me the stropping is not a big deal, just taking a minute or two before and after the shave. But a shave from a straight is simply amazing - even one pass can give a super close result.

These are great shavettes...well made and great to use. A couple of different AC blades are available, Professional and Super Pro as well as Kai blades. Try a few and see what works best for you.

I started off with a Feather AC SS and it is very sharp and surprisingly quite unforgiving compared to a straight. Easy to nick yourself in the learning phase. But you don't have to worry about stropping etc. I had similar thoughts then migrated to straights - trust me the stropping is not a big deal, just taking a minute or two before and after the shave. But a shave from a straight is simply amazing - even one pass can give a super close result.

Thanks for your input... I will continue elsewhere then. Have any recommendations?

I have and use a Feather Artist Club DX non folding. After over 100 shaves I love it, especially with Pro Super blades but I would recommend starting with a guarded blade. You should be able to find my review thread of this razor somewhere on this forum in the last few months. I would like to try regular straights one day but I can't afford my shave to take any longer than it already does. When I have more time...

Thanks for your input... I will continue elsewhere then. Have any recommendations?
If you are after a shavette, the Feather you have pictured is great.
If you are after a straight, there are many used ones on eBay, but best to buy from a forum member here in the BST who can make sure the razor is truly 'shave ready' which many straights are not. Can pick up a beginners strop from Beard and Blade or MensBiz for $50. Plenty of videos on Youtube especially Lynn from Straight Razor Designs and others on starting off with a straight and stropping.