June 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how everything arrives at once! All arrived Tuesday, all posted at different times and in different countries.
ER 1914, suribachi bowl, Gem double edge blades and some soaps from a great trade. From US, Germany, Japan and Australia.

19390655_1595848650427567_2384450403840130397_o.jpg

@Psmith you could have email directly to Wholly Kaw and ask for Fougere Bouquet Special Edition which has donkey milk and this soap has given me a fantastic post shave feel (y);) because I'm told they got some small stock left over if you ask them nicely.

Feather Artist Club SS black handle and requring Feather ProGuards for learning on the way.
So wanted the DX wooden handle but pricey and not sure it is my thing yet. Invest small and stepup later if wanting they say.

Feather Artist Club SS black handle and requring Feather ProGuards for learning on the way.
So wanted the DX wooden handle but pricey and not sure it is my thing yet. Invest small and stepup later if wanting they say.
Good choice!

So here she is, my first high end badger brush. Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip 24mm
Has quite a bit of scritch out the box and the backbone is unbelievable. Super packed knot, can't wait to break this bad boy in and get some beautiful softness, hoping it'll improve in softness a lot over the next shaves. Right now it's quite hard to splay without being uncomfortable but Circular motions fix that. But the build quality is just stunning
iE6vsZU.jpg

20170624_140100.jpg

Shaver Shed acquisition after reading about the sale on P&C. Less than $30 express delivered. Very happy as I needed some Alum because my first block is on its last legs after 9 months.

I not only use Alum almost every shave (oily bastard syndrome) but I didn't know I needed to dry it when I first bought it. I thus have wasted a lot of it.

I not only use Alum almost every shave (oily bastard syndrome) but I didn't know I needed to dry it when I first bought it. I thus have wasted a lot of it.
I agree that alum is a necessity for us OBs. But, I've never bothered to dry mine and it seems to be doing fine. That said, I leave mine open (on a shelf) and away from excess moisture. I find it's usually dry before my face is.

Nivea sensitive aftershave splash (no alcohol. Contains chamomile, witch hazel, vitamin E).

The weather is a tad warm and balms were making my face get greasy and oily within an hour after application. I hate that heavy, clogged face feeling!

Used the splash today and it's great! Soothing and left my face feeling fairly soothed (not as much as balm though). Three hours later, no sign of a greasy face :)

Mail call came today from US and when I open the package and the lid BANG! a very strong soft sharp sweet floral rose scent filled my whole bedroom for a few minutes and through the hall way towards the kitchen, suddenly my mother come rushing towards my bedroom and said what is that FANTASTIC smell and I told her it was my new shaving soap......................................and she said to me are you becoming a drag queen and I said God crikey NO!!! way before she start smiling at me :oops::shifty::cautious::censored:

From Wholly Kaw site:- An accord composed of citrus top notes with lime, bergamot, rose, lavender, rosemary, geranium, lilac, middle centered on labdanum on top of patchouli, oakmoss and cedarwood base. Opens with a rose scent and then mellows into a amber and woody scent.
Top_label_tallow_Special_Edition_Ver2.0-01-270x355.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.