August 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guerrilla Open Comb
0Y9REo0_large.jpg

Couldn't help myself, lets see how the OC fairs against the solid bar.
Probably the same, but hopefully not, as could be my Monday morning bread slayer as the SB doesn't be as efficient with a few days growth.

I was very excited to find these waiting for me at the post office this morning. I already had the Ace & The Warden soaps and after receiving a sample of the Scramble aftershave had to have them in the den. Ordered Tuesday and received today on the north coast of NSW. I did pay the extra $2 something for express but still wasnt expecting them till tomorrow or Monday. For once in my life Aus post actually impressed me. The Ace aftershave did leak a tiny bit and i mean TINY so Andys sending me a new label which im satisfied with.

I cant speak highly enough of Andy and his products. All three scents are 10/10 and Scramble sitting at #1 on my list of favourite scents and the other two very close behind.
Performance wise again 10/10. The soaps produce a perfect lather with absolute ease every single time. And the aftershave's feel and smell fantastic on the face.
Then there's the price. 150gms (5.3oz) of soap for $18 & 100ml of aftershave for $25 is extremely good value for money which ever way you look at it. Even the graphics/artwork and packaging are top notch. And the fact all this is made in Australia is great as well.

I know im probably preaching to the choir but had to express my delight.

Well done @SchoolForAnts. Give yourself a pat on the back.
fbUBKJJ.jpg

Since I heard you could use Feather blades I just had to try an Auto strop. It came in a lot with the Featherweight which seems appropriate as I now have to wait for the Feathers. Both seem unused and come with instructions and the cardboard blade in the Valet (pity there were no real ones)
20863589_1657139230965175_8210486897092220618_o.jpg

@Ferret619 where did you find that online :eek: :sneaky:;) is there a symbol on the top cap?
Unfortunately no, there is no symbol on the cap but there is on the blade box ;)
I think a notable thing is that the head (RFB) isn't something I've seen befor in the beacon set.
I'll PM the dates and additional info to yourself and anyone else interested in learning more about it

Last edited:
Last week found a Topcon 35-L rangefinder on kijiji, it was simply listed as "Topcon Camera" and no model number was mentioned. I got the thing for a mere 30cad$, however, I had to disassemble the front group because the rings were stiff as hell and I spent several ours working on the shutter unit. Here we are folks, Tōkyō Kōgaku's top of the line from 1957 to 1959.

608TB9W.jpg

Last week found a Topcon 35-L rangefinder on kijiji, it was simply listed as "Topcon Camera" and no model number was mentioned. I got the thing for a mere 30cad$, however, I had to disassemble the front group because the rings were stiff as hell and I spent several ours working on the shutter unit. Here we are folks, Tōkyō Kōgaku's top of the line from 1957 to 1959.

608TB9W.jpg
Very cool, my mum picked up a group lot of box brownies and some are really beautiful items that I'm totally ignorant about

The original Iphone, the first consumer camera, they made Kodak king of the industry for 5 decades.
Oh I see, is it Constantly changing from landscape to portrait even though you don't want it too?

Well its finally here. This has been about 3 months in the making but definitely worth the wait.
Purchased a Adjustable Aristocrat in great mechanical condition but the gold finish was showing its age. Sent it to Matt Pisarcik @ Razor Emporium to work his magic on it. Its been fully disassembled, blade gap reset fully stripped, tumbled and replated in a 24k gold mirror finish. It wasnt a cheap exercise but you get what you pay for.
gupI4N7.jpg

vKuf5tl.jpg

48GN5T4.jpg

Also picked these up from the PO yesterday. Thanks @todras. Wasnt quite sure about the scent when i first opened the soap but after using it really like it. The bay is quite strong at the start but then you get a beautiful freshness from the blackberry and vanilla. Really nice.
yFpEvTq.jpg

Beautiful job on the Aristocrat, mate! Will it be a user, or a looker? I'm not sure I would ever be game to use it! Truly beautiful. I don't have a gold, as yet... but since seeing your pics there is a strange little buzzing in my brain!

Beautiful job on the Aristocrat, mate! Will it be a user, or a looker? I'm not sure I would ever be game to use it! Truly beautiful. I don't have a gold, as yet... but since seeing your pics there is a strange little buzzing in my brain!

Thanks @littleaussiebleeder.
It will definitely be a user. I did talk to Matt about it and was told with proper care & maintenance theres no reason it can't be used to shave with. He said in terms of durability it sits between the nickle & rhodium as most durable and rose gold as the least durable. I chose the gold finish as that was its original finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.