Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
6076219C-7437-4EFF-AC7C-B396DCFE3026_zpsgvxccqkn.jpg

Pre: Warm Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Pimento Kaolin Silk
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Heljestrand
Cooked a batch of Pimento Silk reworked to include Kaolin clay. Lathers and shaves very nicely though I think I ripped myself off this morning with lack of hot water pre shave. Like yesterday I was enjoying myself too much and kept playing with the soap doing touch ups and ended up nicking myself a couple of times. 'Froating Bowl' technique looks like it's a stayer for winter.

A very pleasant 2 pass shave last night with a 6/8" "Mercador" that I rescaled and rescued. Initially I wasn't going to bother with the blade as it seriously looked like a bread knife. Badly chipped with unknown steel quality. The scales were also broken and warped. I was pleasantly surprised at how the blade repaired and honed up so I found a set of scales from an even uglier reject, some pins and my ball peen hammer and a couple of hours total work rewarded me with a very useful razor. Not a beauty queen but a blade with true whisker popping talent.

Boar brush
My soap
Repaired blade

Warm towel to finish and no irritation, cuts or weepers in sight.

Razor: flat bottom aristocrat jr
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: APR bourbon rose

I love this balm! Have to get more, it will be a mainstay for the winter months I think.
The soap seams to last for Ever! I'm not totally sold on this scent but the soaps performance is fantastic.

A very pleasant 2 pass shave last night with a 6/8" "Mercador" that I rescaled and rescued. Initially I wasn't going to bother with the blade as it seriously looked like a bread knife. Badly chipped with unknown steel quality. The scales were also broken and warped. I was pleasantly surprised at how the blade repaired and honed up so I found a set of scales from an even uglier reject, some pins and my ball peen hammer and a couple of hours total work rewarded me with a very useful razor. Not a beauty queen but a blade with true whisker popping talent.

Boar brush
My soap
Repaired blade

Warm towel to finish and no irritation, cuts or weepers in sight.
Photo?

Razor: flat bottom aristocrat jr
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: APR bourbon rose

I love this balm! Have to get more, it will be a mainstay for the winter months I think.
The soap seams to last for Ever! I'm not totally sold on this scent but the soaps performance is fantastic.
Yep, TSW Balm performs so well and is so unassuming. It does its job and never gets in the way. It's great. (y)

The Bourbon Rose grew on me over time. It smells soft and comforting.
In fact, I'm due for a shower and shave. I think it's a Bourbon Rose day today.

Full_Size_Render_24.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors – The General
Blade: Schick P-30 (2)
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Soap: B&M Soapmakers of Awesometown

Lovely 2 pass with the General this morning. As I learn about different brushes, I’m finding that this one seems to have very little flow through. The fibers seem to really stick together once it is wet. I guess that’s why you need to splay synthetics.

Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Kai
Brush: Puro Tasso
Soap: Mondial Lime & Lavender
After Shave: Couldn't, too much blood

The worst shave I've had in years and it wasn't the first time I've used this combination. Back to the drawing boards on technique for this lad

nXyLBNm.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Razorock Baby Smooth Ti
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Australian Private Reserve Fougere Bourbon Rose
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Almost back to normal after a bad cold - and this shave was very much needed to feel human again, as I had accumulated 5 days of beard growth.

If you are still in doubt about Australian Private Reserve take a look at this divine lather.

The Hucklartion brush is still getting better after ~5 uses - it has pillow soft tips with great density and definitely is one of my top favourites in the den.

And the Titanium Baby Smooth does not only provide an super close, yet wonderfully smooth shave, I also know that a dear friend is looking down on me, whenever I use it.

I hope you all have a stellar Sunday (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.