Anyone regularly use a wedge?

Man that is a beautiful blade.

@Ferret619 I can't say i've seen any at this size, but should shave pretty well after a hone. I've got a standard hollow in the same size, and two more at about 5/8. The smaller ones are a low layer count damascus with a bold pattern

@Ferret619 I can't say i've seen any at this size, but should shave pretty well after a hone. I've got a standard hollow in the same size, and two more at about 5/8. The smaller ones are a low layer count damascus with a bold pattern
That sounds amazing, any pics?
Out of curiosity do you use a semetrical hone for these?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYPmOueBm6L/
They get ground and honed the same as a standard straight, just with a couple of layers of tape. The hone is just a single stone (if that's what you meant)
Cool I figured as much, have you made any in a more traditional shape out of curiosity?
I'm guessing those pictured are symmetrical of cause

Last edited:
I haven't tried that as of yet, as most people I've come across want a symmetrical grind. I should do a couple though, for the more traditional crowd.

I haven't tried that as of yet, as most people I've come across want a symmetrical grind. I should do a couple though, for the more traditional crowd.
something special about the traditional kami shape I think, I was amazed first time I used one.
I tell ya, if I had a few hundred spare one of your kamisori would be on my list.

Last edited: