PAA Alpha Ecliptic Slant - Love it or hate it?

DrBob

I can't quite make up my mind.

I've been wet shaving (DE) for nearly 2 years and so far my goto razors are a Feather AS-D2 with a Feather blade, and the One razor also with a Feather blade. I find both easy and comfortable to use; I can get a DFS+ when in a hurry and an almost BBS shave if I take more time - except for the one damn spot...

In my eternal search for the perfect shave, I have tried a few slants. I tried the Fine Slant and didn't like it. I have an Ikon X3 slant and don't use it much. I even have a Merkur 37C and it's a bit 'meh'.

So, what the hell, I bought a PAA Alpha Ecliptic and I have never cut myself so much; this is a razor that taught me the meaning of LIGHTLY! I cannot shave 2 days in a row with it as my face feels too raw and scraped. BUT, all that aside, I get the most BBS shaves I have EVER achieved. I can almost go 2 days after shaving with it.

I haven't settled on a favourite blade yet; I haven't tried a Feather, just a Personna Blue, and a couple of Gilletes. I might try an Astra.

So this isn't so much a detailed review as a work in progress, and just to see what other experiences people have had with it. I think it is certainly worth a try, if nothing else.

I’m willing to allow you to send it to me and I will form an opinion in due form.

I can't quite make up my mind.

I've been wet shaving (DE) for nearly 2 years and so far my goto razors are a Feather AS-D2 with a Feather blade, and the One razor also with a Feather blade. I find both easy and comfortable to use; I can get a DFS+ when in a hurry and an almost BBS shave if I take more time - except for the one damn spot...

In my eternal search for the perfect shave, I have tried a few slants. I tried the Fine Slant and didn't like it. I have an Ikon X3 slant and don't use it much. I even have a Merkur 37C and it's a bit 'meh'.

So, what the hell, I bought a PAA Alpha Ecliptic and I have never cut myself so much; this is a razor that taught me the meaning of LIGHTLY! I cannot shave 2 days in a row with it as my face feels too raw and scraped. BUT, all that aside, I get the most BBS shaves I have EVER achieved. I can almost go 2 days after shaving with it.

I haven't settled on a favourite blade yet; I haven't tried a Feather, just a Personna Blue, and a couple of Gilletes. I might try an Astra.

So this isn't so much a detailed review as a work in progress, and just to see what other experiences people have had with it. I think it is certainly worth a try, if nothing else.
I can sympathise because the few times I've tried shaving with it I always get a nasty cut which I've always put down to the blade I was using (Gillette Windsor India Blue) and I've failed to complete said shave in fear of irritating the skin further. It's a shame because the Alpha Eclipse looks the safer option in comparison to the BOC Slant which I don't mind, bar the odd nick. I'm not brave enough to try a Feather and will try an Astra in hopes that I achieve the BBS results you've been receiving despite the painful experience.