Not open for further replies.
NEVuXrK.jpg

PAA PRE SHAVE SOAP
TIMELESS 0.68 SOLID BAR

VOSKHOD
28MM SILVERTIP FAN BERRYLICIOUS
AP RESERVE WINTERFELL
AP RESERVE WINTERFELL SPLASH

Very enjoyable this morning. Lovely smooth shave with the Timeless. Don't think i could separate the Timeless and Guerrilla in terms of a favorite. They're both extremely good in their own way.
This brush eats soap like nobody's business so added plenty of water which resulted in a beautiful thick, creamy and very slick lather.

Date: 17 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Special Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk
Bowl: - Captain's Choice Cobalt
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Super Max Blue Diamond Platinum Coated #1
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - YSL L’Homme

rYTaDLg.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless Steel
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

This brush is definitely one of the best I've ever tried and it still amazes me how easily it builds up some of the most glorious lather and today was no exception with the stellar Mike's lather.

It has been almost 6 months since I last used this magnificent razor and I almost forgot how smooth yet super efficient it is. I cut through the three days worth of growth as if it was none existent and the end result was a fantastic close shave and a very happy face.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Last edited:
Brush: Vulfix 403 Pure
Razor: Eclipse
Blade: English Wilky (2)
Cream: GFT Limes
A/S: TOBS Victorian Limes

Really starting to enjoy the Eclipse. Paired with an Wilkinson blade it's efficient and smooth. Great lather and scent as alway from the GFT cream.

37710773122_e5e9a50ae5_c.jpg

Pre: Warm Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Lemon Myrtle, Lanolin & Wormwood
Brush: Omega Boar 10048
Razor: Brass General
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
Shaved with the General yesterday but it was rubbish. I had forgotten the blade count, but the blade had run it's course. Ended up cleaning up with a DE. Changed blade in the General for this morning and got a great shave. LMLW soap very pleasant. @Snooze , is that Tabac soap different to the shave stick Tabac Brush Deodoriser I have?:) Have I done myself a disservice? Should I pull out the Tabac and give it go?

@Pbgoose - Ive never tried the Tabac shave stick, but I assume its the same soap in both? In my hands, the Tabac in the white glass tub has always performed well- the scent is mild, pleasant , soapy and the lather and post shave feel is great. Give it a try!;)

October 16, 2007

Brush: Omega Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (1)
A/S: Witch Hazel; Pinaud Clubman

A three-pass DFS. While the 7 O'Clock Green is a fine blade, it is a notch below my favorite, the Silver Blue. It is time to re-order some good soap, perhaps the Proraso Green, perhaps not. The Proraso Green is an excellent soap, IMHO, but maybe I should try something new.

October 16, 2007

The Proraso Green is an excellent soap, IMHO, but maybe I should try something new.
Ten years ago I remember flying out to another city for a meeting so used to do a fast cart shave with a gel can :)

As an American you have so many more Artisan soap choices there without it being imported and that can suit your budget.

Pre-Shave: Homebrew oils
Brush: Badger hair brush*
Lather: B & M Latha Oceana
Razor: Gillette Fatboy - North Shore Razors
Blade: Personna Blue
Post Shave: The Body Shop Maca Root Balm
Fragrance: E Zegna Acqua di Bergamotto
*This is the first brush I got from eBay after watching a bunch of shaving vids on YouTube. It smelled like wet dog for a week & it was good after that.

jPxsDRM.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave Butter
Paladin Lotus
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
L&L Grooming Trismegistus
L&L Grooming Trismegistus Splash
Houbigant Cologne Intense EDP

37729549292_63aefef83f_c.jpg

Soap Pb Puck No:1
Brush: Omega Boar 10019
Razor: Jowika 6/8"
On Puck No: 1 I was focussed on the soap and wasn't worried about recording what essential oils I put in there. I wish I had of because I really enjoy opening up and lathering this soap. Love that smell. All I can remember is there's some Bergamot in there but can't remember what else.:banghead:

J5JtKlf.jpg

PAA PRE SHAVE SOAP
ASYLUM EVOLUTION XL BRASS
VOSKHOD
26MM HIGH MOUNTAIN WHITE BULB
SAPONIFICIO VARESINO DOLOMITI
SAPONIFICIO VARESINO DOLOMITI BALM

FIRST SHAVE WITH THE EVOLUTION AND I CAN HAPPILY REPORT THAT IT SHAVES AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS. AS FAR AS AGGRESSIVENESS ITS DEFINITELY ON THE MILD SIDE, WHICH I LIKE BUT HAS NO PROBLEMS MOWING DOWN STUBBLE. ID EVEN GO AS FAR TO SAY IT GAVE ME ONE OF THE BEST SHAVES IV HAD. ITS THAT GOOD.

37070838584_84420936ca_b.jpg

Soap: Tabac @Snooze
Brush: Omega Boar 10019
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Image from the window of my office yesterday. Tabac was good and I'll pull it out occasionally. Effortless shave from the Black Hawk.
Had never seen so many Shingle Back Lizards on the road as yesterday.

Last edited:
Razor: ball end tech
Blade: permasharp (1)
Soap: MWF
Brush: commodore

Big day today, I’ve got an interview!
Bit scary looking to totally change fields but it will be great I’m sure.

Date: 19 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Limited Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk 2x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice Cobalt
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Super Max Blue Diamond Platinum Coated #2
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - YSL L’Homme

I'm enjoying the Wholly Kaw Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli limited edition so much, I'm having trouble trying to picture the scent of Yuzu because I can smell rose and the dry, sharp scent of patchouli. I'm scratching my head if Yuzu is related to a citrus type scent if I'm not mistaken, my major problem I can't subscribe or picture all three scent of Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli all in one because this soap truly smell amazing, and when you open the lid is not very strong having your head blown off like Dance of Agrumes Special Edition which is very strong.

@todras how do you picture Wholly Kaw Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli scent all in one when I saw your SOTD post click here, because I'm completely lost while is still smell amazing in the bathroom which is very relaxing and more enjoyable having a fantastic shave.

Good luck at the interview @Ferret619 (y)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.