Got some great news :)

Always up for a coffee or something stronger to
Ooh. That's a thought. We may have to do a "P&C:Canberra - Night edition" some time in 2018.
Find a nice Wine/Whiskey/Tapas bar somewhere... But I digress.

Ooh. That's a thought. We may have to do a "P&C:Canberra - Night edition" some time in 2018.
Find a nice Wine/Whiskey/Tapas bar somewhere... But I digress.

On the Lake for Summer, in the bar in winter?

Same here. Have to renew my ICT certs this year so maybe my focus needs to be in that direction. Than daily here or searching through eBay for the elusive one :sneaky:
I have a huge backlog of reading and the baby on the way.
I’m sure I’ll find something to do huh :)

Babies are small as, how hard can it be

I can recall when I was starting my Masters having a baby in one hand and a textbook in the other thinking the same thing ...

I can recall when I was starting my Masters having a baby in one hand and a textbook in the other thinking the same thing ...
Man that would have been rough as!
Honestly I’m so excited, I’m in the process of changing my life around a little to ensure I have more time for not just my growing family but for stuff I enjoy too, money is great but this is better.

I have seen so many of my peers go into parenthood as total idiots and the kids deserve better, I know I’m idealistic but what better reason could there be to try to be better?

I have seen so many of my peers go into parenthood as total idiots and the kids deserve better, I know I’m idealistic but what better reason could there be to try to be better?
@Ferret619, just go into it "fully committed" with a level of (your own) personal standards.
Certainly learn from those around you. But don't judge or compete against them... It's not a game and everyone is running a totally different race.

... And don't be afraid to take a deep breath and walk away for 15 minutes.
That will make more sense in time.

Man that would have been rough as!
Honestly I’m so excited, I’m in the process of changing my life around a little to ensure I have more time for not just my growing family but for stuff I enjoy too, money is great but this is better.

It was not quite as easy as I thought - my wife is a champion though!

The advice from @lerenau is good. Often I've seen people get really worked up about being the 'perfect parent' - it will not happen and you will be much better than you think. Trust you gut and love your wife - that will be 95% of what is needed :)

@Ferret619, just go into it "fully committed" with a level of (your own) personal standards.
Certainly learn from those around you. But don't judge or compete against them... It's not a game and everyone is running a totally different race.

... And don't be afraid to take a deep breath and walk away for 15 minutes.
That will make more sense in time.
Full disclosure I judge the hell out of other parents, having to shield their kids from seeing their parents shit faced drunk or high orbeing violent and abusive isn’t something I relish doing and have had to do it too many times? I know that of cause people have their demons but there is no better reason To be better than when you are a parent.
I take your meaning however and you are right on the money, fortunately many of us have brilliant support systems in place, not everyone is this fortunate.

In other news my wife tells me the internet says the hub is the size of a lime, made me excited and wanted a gin and tonic.

Those are some huge milestones guys, congratulations!
My wife and I have been togeather 12 years, we got togeather at 16 and haven’t looked back :)

My wife and I got together when she was 16 and have been together 31 years. My advice is get the kids technology under control at an early age so it doesn't rule. Just doing battle with our teenager tonight over tech. Seems to be common theme with parents.:banghead::)

Seems to be common theme with parents
Yep, we (I) set the boundaries hard early. My kids have limited internet time each day. The router we have looks after it for me, tracks each devices IP and once the allocation is used blocks the outside world.

OpenDNS is useful blocks offensive sites, I even had YouTube blocked to keep them within our data allowance, not teenager proof as my son (13) has found, unfortunately for him Dad is vigilant and the price is high. He got around it a couple of times using VPN, punishment is all devices blocked from internet.

Social media has a lot to answer for, it causes a lot of anxiety and depression amongst teens.

I personally did away with Facebook a couple of years back and never looked back, kids now obviously need to know how to use tech but they also need to know what it’s like to wait, be bored and just be with their own thoughts aswell