DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

Talisker storm currently, it’s delicious!

Some of this -

rum_kra2.jpg

Was on special and I thought I would try a 'spiced rum' - quite drinkable in a nothing special kinda way

Some of this -

rum_kra2.jpg

Was on special and I thought I would try a 'spiced rum' - quite drinkable in a nothing special kinda way
Drink a fourth real fast and watch mark, release the kraken!

Don't take a boat out on Burley Griffin tonight as @Mark1966 's Kraken is on loose. If you do don't be the unshaven fool as those suckers will seek you out :drowning:

Find I need ice to tame my Kraken :peeking:

I love the Kraken bottle and even just the name. I love the whole Kraken theme in everything. If I was a Rum fan this would be my drink just on that!

I'm not drinking this tonight but I wanted to post. Just got given this French single malt. It's pretty tasty!

xcjce0.jpg

Might have to hand my Australian bogan badge back in, I can't stand Bundy, but don't mind most other rums.
Low-carbing it this year, so no spiced rums (and few beers) for me as they have too much sugar in them, but I recently purchased and am drinking these average BWS cheapies:
  • Mount Gay
  • Bacardi Gold
  • Russian standard vodka
  • Chivas Regal Extra
Mount Gay is a solid decently priced rum, far better in taste to Bundy in my opinion.
I bought the Bacardi gold and Russian standard as they were both $35-ish when they are normally around $48-50. Both pretty reasonable to my palate for the price.
I've heard a lot of Chivas slating as being an average tasting, but expensive for all that tipple. I'm still slowly feeling my way into whisky so thought I would see what I thought. And meh, it's drinkable, but nothing fantastic.
I'm finding drinking neat spirits to be a strange game, as I'm not a sipper, but nor do I slam down shots. I will drain a measure (30-40ml at a guess?) in a couple of mouthfuls, but don't often feel the need for more than one or two drinks.

A good drop indeed from Mark.

Springbank 10 for me tonight, nice hint of bonfire in it & 46%.

vY4A4Hfl.jpg

Black Gate is a local product (Mendooran). I had a tasting this morning and had to buy a bottle, it is so good. I'll be back for their Overproof Rum as well, man that is good stuff.

Damn, didn't know that they had a still out that way. Will need to review it but I think they might be finishing in wine casks by the look the the colour... maybe Shiraz? Or local Sherry from Mudgee/Hunter?

I have a 500ml bottle of new make from Baker Williams in Mudgee which I am wondering when I should open (when I finish a few more bottles). They have their first 3yo whisky out sometime this year.

Dalwhinnie 15 for me, trying to polish it off.

Damn, didn't know that they had a still out that way. Will need to review it but I think they might be finishing in wine casks by the look the the colour... maybe Shiraz? Or local Sherry from Mudgee/Hunter?

I have a 500ml bottle of new make from Baker Williams in Mudgee which I am wondering when I should open (when I finish a few more bottles). They have their first 3yo whisky out sometime this year.

Dalwhinnie 15 for me, trying to polish it off.
CIObvSVm.jpg