Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mark1966 good to see you get some time to do a bit of your own thing mate.

How many hotels/countries have you done over the last fortnight? You must be stinging for a lazy day at home lol

Only four different accomodations (plus a night on the high seas) so not really too bad, but good to get a couple of days of semi-down time - once I get rid of the 40+ emails awaiting for me each morning

Yacht dear boy, yacht.

Sorry old chap!

I believe the tank museum has a Challenger 2 MBT in it, which is still the current British Army MBT. I used to inspect and repair those among other armoured vehicles whilst attached to 1 Royal Tank Regiment and the Scots Dragoon Guards.
The Armour Centre Bovington is also the home of British Army training for armoured warfare.
It should be an enjoyable day.

While I know that this is the Challenger I -

There were certainly Challenger 2s around, maybe one in 'the shed' here -

Lucky you. The Tank museum is awesome.

It was!

Only four different accomodations (plus a night on the high seas) so not really too bad, but good to get a couple of days of semi-down time - once I get rid of the 40+ emails awaiting for me each morning

Sorry old chap!

The TOGS (Thermal Observation Gunnery System) moved to directly above the barrel on the 2, there’s no mistaking the 2...

dh4jyr.jpg

Karve 'A' w/ Polsilver (2)
Semouge 830
WhollyKaw Fougere Bouquet Soap/Splash/EdT
TSW After Balm

had a shave day off yday but repeated the same as the other day less the Alum.. results? pretty much the same as with the Alum block, love the smell of the soap/AS

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Razorock Synthetic
Soap: A&E Vanille de Tabac
Razor: Rockwell 6C, Plate 5 (1)
Blade: Persona Platinum

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: Charlcoal Goods, Maze handle, OC Head
  4. Soap: Pomegranate and Limes
  5. Brush: Simpsons Tulip 3, Manchurian
  6. Postshave: Jojoba oil
  7. Earworm: Breathe - Prodigy
First time using this zamac head with this handle. These heads are not Brian's machined heads but are still decent enough quality. I would put the aggressiveness/efficiency of this baseplate as comparable to the Timeless OC 0.95 that I had, but with a bit more blade feel. So if you like an aggressive shave these could suit you. DFS after one pass.

Sorry old chap!

There were certainly Challenger 2s around, maybe one in 'the shed' here -

It was!

I really like the one in the far right corner in the 3rd image down. I will need you to get it out for me so I can take it for a test drive ---- ok?

Pre - Hot shower
Brush - Razorock Big Bruce
Razor - Rockwell 6S (2)
Blade - Astra (3)
Soap - A&G Lavender
Post - AP Reserve Florian splash... mmmm

Another top shave with standard kit but of course had to try the Florian splash - fantastic stuff, i can still smell it 7 hours after applying.

The soap has a pronounced ring of blue now which has had 11 shaves. Most of the soap seems to be in the edges of the tub (btw which is the same as the APR ones), so does this replicate other members usage? Once the ring appears, how long does the soap then last?

So another sample SOTD
A & E SoCal Hipster :) :) :) :) :) :)
RW6c
Wilkie
Captain Choice Sandlewood
Badger / Boar

So last A & E tried the other day let me down aside from the lather which was so easy and very generous. This also had the same result amazing lather. This is where it did a flip on me compared to the other day with A & E Asian Plum, this had great application real good protection and post shave was soft & clean feeling. So I can only assume it's in the blend which I have not looked up on, so someone will no doubt. Now for the small amount of medication I'm on I don't think this is a fluke in the amazing difference and improvement with this A & E SoCal Hipster. Oh and the scent is something to my liking throughout the whole shave a fruity based fragrance made up of Pink peppercorn, pineapple, banana, passion fruit, mango, cade, oakmoss, sandalwood, cedarwood and musk.

uaSBlz3.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: RR Mamba
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Pre: Shower + Washpool Activated Charcoal & Brazilian Clay Face Cleanser
Soap: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus

A fantastic near BBS SOTD = Smooth, slick, comfortable, citrus delight... Have a great evening!

IMAG0266.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: RR Mamba
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Pre: Shower + Washpool Activated Charcoal & Brazilian Clay Face Cleanser
Soap: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus

A fantastic near BBS SOTD = Smooth, slick, comfortable, citrus delight... Have a great evening!
A nice mix combo SOTD ;)

The TOGS (Thermal Observation Gunnery System) moved to directly above the barrel on the 2, there’s no mistaking the 2...

Yes and despite the same name they only share 3% of common parts or something!

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Karve C Plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: AP Reserve Florian

Another nice smooth relaxing shave to end the day.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Cream: Alvarez Gomez Barbaria
Razor: Pils
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (8)
Scent: Alvarez Gomez Barbaria EdC

I'm starting to get the muscle-memory locked in with the Pils. The shaves so far have always been comfortable, but they are now getting faster and closer. Beautiful fragrant lather from the Alvarez Gomez croap - it is a pleasure to shave with.
Three passes and some clean-up buffs for a BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.