Spam thread.

Oh man. The remake was awesome. My only complaint is there were a LOT of filler episodes, which makes rewatches hard. How far in are you?
Only a season in-
I need to pickup the miniseries and the other bits too

Is it wrong to put a Russian watch on a nato strap?

I'd say it's unifying.

Happy New Year P&C!

Anyone got any big goals for the year?

I'm aiming for a big one (for me anyway lol). Run 10km, thru hike part of the flinders ranges (looking to do this in early June) and get a new job (the current one has a terrible work/life balance culture).

3orxTthl.jpg

kTLV4rdl.jpg

Driving to town on new years eve (to get some last minute soap making supplies:)) and was confronted with this wall of dust coming our way at a rate of knots.
My nephew was visiting us and put his drone up just before it hit and got some nice footage. Then it rained 0.01mm just to paste the dust down.

Yup...My Doctor got me a blood test a few weeks ago and put me straight onto cholesterol meds and said I need to spend less time in the office/more time doing excercise :(

My plan is to be 10kg lighter and ready to come straight off the meds by the time the next blood test is due :)

I had a similar conversation with the Doc a couple of years ago but I didn't want the meds. I managed to drop my weight 10kg, drop 15 pts off my blood pressure and halve my LDL cholesterol and have stayed that way since. I needed a whole food, plant based diet to do it (as recommended by sites like nutritionfacts.org), without sugar, oil or salt but the results speak for themselves. Exercise alone (I used to cycle 20km each way to work) never worked for me - I just ended up eating more instead. Other diets / fasting only put me on the yo-yo routine. This one is sustainable because I'm never really hungry.

For many it's an extreme diet but for me the alternative (heart disease) is more extreme, having seen my Dad go through it, together with all the flow-on impacts. I'm still slowly losing weight particularly if I go easy on the bread, nuts, seeds, avo etc - all the high calorie density foods. If I let them in the weight loss stops but I don't gain weight either, which is nice... I'm just stoked to have found something that works for me!

Well done @RazorPlay good to see you've found a workable solution :)

I'm doing all sorts of research right now on diets, etc... the Doctor has supposedly set me up an appointment with a dietician but haven't had any notification of it yet.

I'm maybe going to try a KETO style diet or Dr Michael Mosley fasting style method to initially lose my 10kg then just eat whole and healthy foods after that without the pi$$ing around known as "calorie counting"

As long as I can still have a few beers every so often then I'll be happy :)

So it looks like We will be finishing up the mortgage this year.
Fracking yay

Edit:
Additionally we are likely to be selling up and moving house-
Probably 10-15 min away but a more suitable home for long term.

Last edited:
It’s pretty much Rugby dominating the house this week.

The 2021 World Cup hosts have been decided and revealed this morning and I’m very pleased to see a lot of local venues and the tournament predominantly being held in the North.

https://www.rlwc2021.com/the-tournament/hosts

The Superleague season starts this Friday so the boy is very excited over that. I don’t know if it’s the rugby or the hotdogs driving that, probably both equally.

Pre-season training started for the U8’s. I’ve been feeding him a raw meat diet and some Jiu-Jitsu training to assist in smashing his opponents faces into the floor in the most efficient and powerful manner.

The boy is ready.

eRnIkJ2l.jpg

I played in under 15’s despite not liking rugby all that much, I think the most players we ever managed to field was 8...
we did not do well that season.

I played in under 15’s despite not liking rugby all that much, I think the most players we ever managed to field was 8...
we did not do well that season.

It’s a common theme in the game here, Rugby loses out to football massively on a national scale. Locally however there’s enough interest, the boys under 8’s currently have 16 players registered. The club he plays for were established in 1884 and the first team are in the top amateur league.

I have to have a vent about something.

On Saturday morning, mum was walking her dog, approaching some people on a footpath how had two Bull mastiffs (maybe the breed) with no collars or leashes. The dogs sprinted out and attacked mums little foxie killing it. Got mum a few times on the hand as well.

Fuck irresponsible people man. That dog was my old girls best friend for the last 10 years.

On a yes note for humanity though, a random stranger who was driving past stop his car, rushed mum to the vet and then made her go to the police station to report it. All up he spent two hours with her, consoling her the entire time. He even came to check up on her today. Him and his family were even looking up dogs online last night for her! I did not think people like this existed.