Soap: Pb Robaiba Blue
Brush: Zenith boar
Razor: Jowika
Another fine mentholated shave.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (5)
Post-shave: Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

So I went to Sydney yesterday for a meeting. Just a meeting. One of those meetings though when you HAVE to be in the room.

Except it wasn't that meeting. It was the meeting before that meeting. The meeting where everyone is brought to the same page so you can have that meeting.

I was on that page already.

[sigh]

At least shaving can be worthwhile!

So I went to Sydney yesterday for a meeting. Just a meeting. One of those meetings though when you HAVE to be in the room.

Except it wasn't that meeting. It was the meeting before that meeting. The meeting where everyone is brought to the same page so you can have that meeting.

I was on that page

Oh that old game. The one where the client has to have a face to face on site at project. Ok you ask for an agender or a topic outline. The reply "it's about the project of corse". So you have other techs cover for you, postpone other clients , drive 2 hours down the road. Then front the meeting to find out that it is now a video conference. Reason : it is a bit inconvenient for the client to travel 25km to site. 🤬 Oh the questions are about an area not covered by the company I work for. 😡
Blood pressure what blood pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (5)
Post-shave: Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

I was on that page already.

[sigh]

At least shaving can be worthwhile!

Sounds all too familiar.

Date: 12 December 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ The Black Pearl
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette New LC with iKon Bulldog / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

Oh that old game. The one where the client has to have a face to face on site at project. Ok you ask for an agender or a topic outline. The reply "it's about the project of corse". So you have other techs cover for you, postpone other clients , drive 2 hours down the road. Then front the meeting to find out that it is now a video conference. Reason : it is a bit inconvenient for the client to travel 25km to site. 🤬 Oh the questions are about an area not covered by the company I work for. 😡
Blood pressure what blood pressure.

Sounds all too familiar.

Thank you for sharing in my pain!

Return Home Horror Show Shave

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F Brad Sears L7 Tigris Finest Badger
Soap: Haslinger Honig (Tallow)
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel; CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave; Thayers Topical Pain Reliever
Scent: None

Shaving isn't always beer and skittles. Despite using a host of my favourite tried and tested products, this shave was a nightmare!
The blade was dragging across my skin as if I had forgotten to secure the blade tightly (and yes, I checked this several times during the shave).
The lather was lovely and slick; but the shave was a shocker, even with the mild nature of the Schick Krona razor.
The result was a sore face, and loads of angry irritation on my chin and neck. Post-shave, I was forced to go to my first aid kit in a bottle; Thayers Topical Pain Reliever. Thank the stars it did its job.
I suspect a dud blade - will toss it and see what happens next shave.

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade:Kai Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Florian
Gave the Kai blades a go (thanks @Kaeckerut). Not for me.

Wednesday

6DSFUWDl.jpg

My Oud Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
King Pelican 32
Xerjoff Alexandria​

Not posted in here for a while now. The monotony got the better of me, products, photo composition etc.

Oud Soap
Thanks to @bald as for some pointers around making soap, very much appreciated.
The scent is a blend of quality Indian and Cambodian Oud and that’s it.
The soap itself I made with a high superfat ratio to assist in conditioning my skin throughout the winter, a combination of argan, jojoba and prickly pear. There are other ingredients in the soap which also help in this regard. It’s nice to produce a specific soap for your own skin and season.

Xerjoff Alexandria
Before the launch of the Xerjoff Oud Stars Collection, Sergio Momo travelled to South-East Asia investigating all things Oud.
A trader offered Momo a small flacon of 1 tola of Oud aged 25yrs to smell. It was the best Oud he had come across and he bought it immediately with plans to keep it as a reference of Oud of the highest quality.
Before the Oud Stars range, Xerjoff got a call from Fortnum & Mason in London requesting an exclusive perfume it could present to global Royalty attending Her Majesty Queen Elizabeths Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Momo decided he needed something particularly special and decided that the tola of Oud he’d acquired should be used in its composition.
120 50ml flacons were able to be produced from the tola of Oud.
Almost all flacons were accounted for before official release at Fortnum & Mason.
Immediately Fortnum & Mason wanted another batch. It couldn’t be done, the Oud used had now gone, Alexandria was finished.

Enjoy your day.

Wednesday

6DSFUWDl.jpg

My Oud Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
King Pelican 32
Xerjoff Alexandria​

Not posted in here for a while now. The monotony got the better of me, products, photo composition etc.

Oud Soap
Thanks to @bald as for some pointers around making soap, very much appreciated.
The scent is a blend of quality Indian and Cambodian Oud and that’s it.
The soap itself I made with a high superfat ratio to assist in conditioning my skin throughout the winter, a combination of argan, jojoba and prickly pear. There are other ingredients in the soap which also help in this regard. It’s nice to produce a specific soap for your own skin and season.

Xerjoff Alexandria
Before the launch of the Xerjoff Oud Stars Collection, Sergio Momo travelled to South-East Asia investigating all things Oud.
A trader offered Momo a small flacon of 1 tola of Oud aged 25yrs to smell. It was the best Oud he had come across and he bought it immediately with plans to keep it as a reference of Oud of the highest quality.
Before the Oud Stars range, Xerjoff got a call from Fortnum & Mason in London requesting an exclusive perfume it could present to global Royalty attending Her Majesty Queen Elizabeths Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Momo decided he needed something particularly special and decided that the tola of Oud he’d acquired should be used in its composition.
120 50ml flacons were able to be produced from the tola of Oud.
Almost all flacons were accounted for before official release at Fortnum & Mason.
Immediately Fortnum & Mason wanted another batch. It couldn’t be done, the Oud used had now gone, Alexandria was finished.

Enjoy your day.

Just a guess, but one would think you like Oud..

rBHNMFQl.jpg

Soap: Pb The Blue Tansy
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (4)
This was one too many shaves for this blade but it was already in the razor and did the job. Hopefully the last 'away' shave for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.