Status
Not open for further replies.
wz4JmLv.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless Steel
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Almost forgot what a great razor the WR1 is and together with some fantastic Mike's Water lather I had perfect shave.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Not much variety recently so haven't been posting SOTDs.

Proraso green
Proraso (Omega)boar brush
Rockwell 6s plate 4 with Rockwell blade.
APR Festivus splash.

The 6s is a dream to drive, haven't cut myself with it once. Plate 4 seems to be the sweet spot for my daily shave. At times I stretch it to a third pass but mostly 2 pass DFS. Shaves recently have all been excellent. Just gotta achieve.my goal of destroying this Proraso tub... I swear I have had over 70 shaves from this puck....

@Pbgoose never thought I'd see you using a non goose soap. Pity PAA labels wear off so quickly.
I guess it’d be weird if I made shaving soap and didn’t enjoy them, but I think 4/6 of my last shaves were with non Pb soaps so I do share the love around.:)

Same as yesterday:

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (2)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum block, Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

Plan for tomorrow is to ramp it up to Rockwell plate 6

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat '#15'
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (8)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger aftershave splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

Shave so nice I've done it thrice

2u5UvrRl.jpg

QlHuUzgl.jpg

Not all that much left in the Proraso pre shave tub so I may as well make light work of it and use it up. It won’t be replaced as I’ve found glycerin soap to be better.

Still troopering through the Bay Rum for Barrister & March month. I’m using approximately 5g per shave which is spot on for my money. Great luxurious lathers is what it’s about.

Not in photo, but used a Derby Extra blade for the first time in ages, and paired with the R2 plate, got a nice close shave. Also not pictured is the APR Florian splash I put on right before I left the house, I felt I needed some sort of ‘artisan’ product to finish with....

I wonder who makes this DOC.
I have 4 of them from Yaqi and they all align perfectly without any fiddling.
Perhaps there's multiple manufacturers out there is the same design.
I purchased one from Yaqi and it shaves a treat. I read somwhere that Yaqi made the DOC head that Italian Barber was selling with its handles but I might be wrong...? Best $5 I ever spent :)

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Soap: Squadrons Sweetheart

Brush: RR 400
Razor: RR Mamba
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite

My last 2 SOTD with varying success. The R41 shave wasn't as smooth as I really noticed the sharpness of the blade. Still managed a DFS with a minor weeper on the adams apple. Big tick of approval from the misses on the scent - winner winner. Performance wise definately in my top 5!

The second shave was super smooth but not as efficient due to the mildness of the Mamba. A real shame as its a lovely looking razor and shaves a breeze but requires buffing to achieve optimal results :( Another winner with this soap as it smells on par with Brut and performs up there with the best! Happy shaves :D

Sooo, R6 is my favourite base plate for every two days growth shave, because, it’s gives me a very smooth comfortable shave as a baby bare bum.

i have been on plate 6 for 3 consecutive days now and still feeling great.. as long as your touch is super light u cant get a closer shave with a rockwell

@astinus4 how did you go with R6

What do you think of the Vector @Jamie ?

Bruce, I have owned a Mongoose and that razor was a pretty decent shaver but far from perfect, the only trouble I see with many SE razors the heads seems poorly designed far too big with poor balanced, when I first saw the Blackland Vector it was a bit of a lightbulb moment for me, I instantly realised they actually thought about this razor they designed it and built it to do a job, it's such a nimble well-balanced tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.