Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased one from Yaqi and it shaves a treat. I read somwhere that Yaqi made the DOC head that Italian Barber was selling with its handles but I might be wrong...? Best $5 I ever spent :)

That's my understanding also about the IB DOC.

The Yaqi is on the mild side but they are very nice shavers with good quality and bargain prices.

I'm actually waiting to see if my bro in law wants to try DE razor shaving and I'll give him a DOC as a starting razor.

LOCHxZz.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 403 Pure Badger
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: English Wilky
Soap: Vintage Imperial Leather
A/S: Floid Black

Rolls Razor
Crabtree & Evelyn, West Indian Limes
Simpsons, Captain 2, Best

I was impressed with how easy it was to use this razor, very nimble and the safety bar is a great little guide. However, I think that I need to hone the blade some more. I had to make a few passes before getting anywhere near a decent result. Overall, happy with the new addition to my den.​

Date: 20 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 83 Boar 27/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #6
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Lagerfeld Classic

11 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere

giphy.gif

What happened?? cannot reach your own back to apply moisturising cream.... That’s too bad

Haha
Not quite...harsh weather and I'm getting over the flu so my skin is inflamed and reacted to CADE soap yesterday.
I've never reacted to this soap in ten years so I'll stick with MWF, washpool and AOS un-scented for a few days.

i have been on plate 6 for 3 consecutive days now and still feeling great.. as long as your touch is super light u cant get a closer shave with a rockwell

@astinus4 how did you go with R6

Pretty good @StratMan. Probably as close a shave as you can get with 1 and a bit passes. Felt smoother than plate 5 as well which was interesting...

Rolls Razor
Crabtree & Evelyn, West Indian Limes
Simpsons, Captain 2, Best

I was impressed with how easy it was to use this razor, very nimble and the safety bar is a great little guide. However, I think that I need to hone the blade some more. I had to make a few passes before getting anywhere near a decent result. Overall, happy with the new addition to my den.​
Yes, I have tried a couple of Rolls' and been able to get a reasonable shave but have never been able to get the blade quite sharp enough. Perhaps having the blade properly honed and then maintaining it is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.