Schick Injector

Vittocia

Hi all I just pick this up on ebay Eversharp Schick Injector
I was wondering if you guys have
some info on it and is it any good as a razor? I have never owned an
injector
Also can someone give me a recommendation on the new blades to buy and maybe where?
I paid $30 including postage
thanks in advance
Paul
schick1.jpg

Hi all I just pick this up on ebay Eversharp Schick Injector
I was wondering if you guys have
some info on it and is it any good as a razor? I have never owned an
injector
Also can someone give me a recommendation on the new blades to buy and maybe where?
I paid $30 including postage
thanks in advance
Paul
schick1.jpg
Looks to be a G (1940s), they look like an E (1930s)but with a plastic rather than Bakelite handle and a milder shave than the E.
Blades probably best bought from Connaught Shaving in the UK, their shipping is pretty reasonable. I have only tried the Personna blades, seemed pretty good, but have heard people like the Schicks. I'm no expert on the injectors, I have only dabbled.

I've used a few from type E to M. For identifying the types check HERE.

Schick blades made in China and often refereed to as "Chicks" are decent. Much better than most Chinese DE blades. There are a few Twin blades around, but I've only tried vintage types and they only fit Type H or later razors. The blades are of a similar thickness of steel to Feather Artist Club, though a different shorter form without holes. They tend to give 10 or more uses for my beard.

Nice shavers to explore and just might convince someone to try open blades.

I've used a few from type E to M. For identifying the types check HERE.

Schick blades made in China and often refereed to as "Chicks" are decent. Much better than most Chinese DE blades. There are a few Twin blades around, but I've only tried vintage types and they only fit Type H or later razors. The blades are of a similar thickness of steel to Feather Artist Club, though a different shorter form without holes. They tend to give 10 or more uses for my beard.

Nice shavers to explore and just might convince someone to try open blades.

Thanks @Kevlar Merkin after looking at that page maybe a type G but I have no ideal if the case is original
still I won't know any more till it arrives
I just hope its not F----D ie usable

@Vittocia Sorry for the absence. If I remember correctly [just checked so I do] this is a "G" and in my humble opinion the best Shcick ever made. A nice balance between aggressive and smooth. Nice and efficient. An "E" doesn't have a molding line visible in the centre of the handle, the "G" does. The "E" is a great razor but I like the "G" better. I have both. The blades from the UK, Personna, are very good.

Steve

@Vittocia Nice buy! The Injectors get a lot of love from the faithful. Look forward to your review as a newcomer. Might tempt a few others down that rabbit hole :)

It here! and thankfully it looks in good nick
I noticed when I took it out to the shed to run the razor and case over the polishing wheel that it has a black plastic blade blank in it
I wonder if it has been used or not as the injector blades are missing
now just have to wait for some blades to arrive from connaught shaving
here is some pics after a clean up Razor and Case
Paul
schick8.jpg
schick6.jpg
schick7.jpg