The general watch talk discussion

I think you appreciate quality more with a few years behind you?
You are probably right-
Perhaps the 40th and the seamaster for the 35th.
Finishing the mortgage and getting the kids set up is the priority.

Last edited:
odauih4.jpg

This should be here this week.. takes me right back to being like 10 and knowing my watch was the best out there, I mean it has a joy stick!

After trying to like a DW5600 (I just don’t) I sold off a few odds n ends and have a Bm8180 on the way for my casual watch, the skx, Bambino, f91w and edox have their place but there’s something to be said for a basic field watch.. or is this a Flieger?
p1QMd1f.jpg

So with the boost in prices due to the SKX being discoed I sold my skx007 for a cheeky little profit... and bought a skx013 which was incorrectly labeled on eBay ;)

Last edited:
3DEF9wL.jpg

Bit exciting guys, my wife (after much instruction from me) is giving me a Hamilton khaki mechanical for my birthday, beautiful piece of horological history.

3DEF9wL.jpg

Bit exciting guys, my wife (after much instruction from me) is giving me a Hamilton khaki mechanical for my birthday, beautiful piece of horological history.

Nice!

Woo, a watch thread!

Watches were my second interest/obsession behind knives. :)

Picked up a Seiko Sportura Alarm Chronograph [SNAE67P1] for my 20th birthday as I had had a myriad of cheapies over the years and wanted a good watch.

Then the following year, on my birthday, I went back to the same store and bought the Tag Heuer Carerra Calibre 16 Day-Date Chronograph I had passed up for the aforementioned Seiko

Since then I've picked up a Tag Heuer Carerra SpaceX Limited Edition

I've also picked up up a few smartwatches and running the Huawei GT Watch as my daily

It is bad that I can’t tell if real or fake.
Nah you would be forgiven for that-
It’s a surprisingly good copy of ref.116520 that I found at Vinnies for $5 ;)

So while it is automatic, hacks, hand winds, stainless case, pretty solid bracket (screw pins and solid links)I will say it’s not the most water resistant...

I think I’ll chuck it on a leather Zulu rather than the nato though.,

What model is this Hamilton watch??
This is reference H694190 it comes on a kinda meh leather backed beige padded canvas strap as pictured a few posts up.
Be warned it’s a 38mm and some guys feel that’s a little too small but I love that size.