June 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage I do not know.
200.gif

Wolfam WR2 Head solid bar 1.05 blade gap :whistle:
Congrats mate! Interested to see your thoughts as per the other ones you own, as I'm leaning towards the larger blade gap if I ever decide on getting a Wolfman :nailbiting:

Always happy to lend you some of my gear. Best try before you buy.
I will certainly take you up on the multiple offers mate once the restrictions are relieved and we can arrange another Meet Up - seeing that you have quickly amassed a collection of some highly desired DEs. Itching to give them a try before I buy (y)

The standard gap is good but I feel the1.05 gap step up would shave better for me. Time will tell.
I agree 100% as no matter what I use of late I'm always seeking that little bit extra efficiency without the harshness. Difficult to make a decision as we're spoiled for choice with so many quality DEs available that claim to be the next best thing but do they really deliver that perfect shave!? :unsure:

... but do they really deliver that perfect shave!? :unsure:

That would require a longitudinal research project of about 50 years or more to determine, ...

... Oh, hang on ...

That project has been done - BUY VINTAGE - TRIED AND TESTED (TM)

It's been like Christmas here this morning. A Blackland Blackbird (thanks Aaron), 100 Personna (Israeli Reds), and a nonshaving baking steel ( I make sourdough bread and pizza).
Can I ask a question does the baking steel sit in a wood fired pizza oven on the stone deck and stay there the whole time while you slide each pizza on and off it so as to save dough sticking to the brickwork??

Can I ask a question does the baking steel sit in a wood fired pizza oven on the stone deck and stay there the whole time while you slide each pizza on and off it so as to save dough sticking to the brickwork??
No, it goes into a normal electric oven and it's main purpose is to soak up lots of heat which gets released quickly into the sourdough when it's put in. The dough sits on baking paper so as not to stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.