August 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbearably grizzly thought

Seems my phone camera picks up every blemish and highlights it. It really doesn't look that bad. The scent isn't really my thing, but I might yet grow into it...

The Castle Forbes smells just like WFTW Lavende, let's hope it doesn't dry out my skin.
If you are not into the Waves I would be up for either an exchange or purchase. What do you make of the scent of the C&F Lavender. I also have this and find it to be really strong. Too much for my liking. Good tip on the Lavande. I'll know to steer clear of this.

If you are not into the Waves I would be up for either an exchange or purchase. What do you make of the scent of the C&F Lavender. I also have this and find it to be really strong. Too much for my liking. Good tip on the Lavande. I'll know to steer clear of this.
I'd be happy to do an exchange/sell on the Waves if you'd like it. One way or another, I'm not going to keep it. I did briefly lather it up with a fresh brush just to be sure, but otherwise it's all there. The Castle Forbes is a bit strong, but I can live with that. I think it's a better soap than WFTW performance-wise. I obviously overloaded it this first time, as I ended up with about half a bucket full of lather. I could have washed the dogs with it... 😏

I'd be happy to do an exchange/sell on the Waves if you'd like it. One way or another, I'm not going to keep it. I did briefly lather it up with a fresh brush just to be sure, but otherwise it's all there. The Castle Forbes is a bit strong, but I can live with that. I think it's a better soap than WFTW performance-wise. I obviously overloaded it this first time, as I ended up with about half a bucket full of lather. I could have washed the dogs with it... 😏
I concur, the Castle Forbes is stronger and offers better cushion, slickness, and after shave nourishment. It's not that the WFTW is bad but that CF is better.

Yep! I just opened an account at Maggard Razors, so will send him a gift from there in the near future.

Here's Leonard with the Yaqi 'Sagrada Familia' brush I sent (from West Coast Shaving actually). Reading his posts, he seemed like the guy that has everything, so took a punt.
"What a pleasant surprise... thanks Bernie. I love Yaqi brushes and this one is just my style! "

x1U2tMJ_d.jpg

New synthetic from AP Shave Co
I think it’s called 2BED
I will retire my RazoRock Plissoft.

Ordered 23 July, shipped by Asendia

x1U2tMJ_d.jpg

New synthetic from AP Shave Co
I think it’s called 2BED
I will retire my RazoRock Plissoft.

Ordered 23 July, shipped by Asendia

Looks really good, and you feel the performance is at another level compared to the Plissoft?

My shitty day has been slightly recovered by the arrival of 1 out of 3 new Simmo's. Wanted to complete my collection with one of each grade of badger before they change completely to the new logo, which looks a bit cheap to me.

Chubby 1 in Super.

q7ELHV0.jpg

What’s the new logo looks like???

This is appearing on some brushes in their store, sorry for small pic:

p1UxQqd.png

Assume that it's a printed logo instead of a sticker, it's just not to my taste and doesn't match my others. As a consultant, my favourite word is 'synergy' which is what I want in my set.

This is appearing on some brushes in their store, sorry for small pic:

p1UxQqd.png

Assume that it's a printed logo instead of a sticker, it's just not to my taste and doesn't match my others. As a consultant, my favourite word is 'synergy' which is what I want in my set.
That bloody stupid printed logo won’t last much longer on any Simpsons brushes, bloody waste of ink or paint.

I strongly prefer the new Semogue brushes the engraving idea, last for EVER!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.