Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
50979741673_20d68be47c_c.jpg

Brush: Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: Karve CB Brass SB-D
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Black)
Lather: Noble Otter - Hamami

OK, it's not the same soap... but I am enjoying this AROMA-THERAPY!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Palytpus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Chatillon Lux / Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

I'm back - did you miss me ?

CSAaO1ml.jpg

Brush: Yaqi - Ivory 30mm Boss knot
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter - Two Kings
Razor: Homelike Shaving - Colibri
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (3)
Post-shave: Noble Otter - 2 Kings AS splash / A&E --Skin Food NC

2 pass WTG + touchups = DFS+.

I thought Two Kings was for winter use?

qDAuZr8.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Jabonman Mediterraneo
Razor:Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (1)
Scent: Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Three passes and I was BBS, with no touch-ups required.
Really nice soap - very slick, and a lovely scent which Barbershop and Fougère notes.

I thought Two Kings was for winter use?

A 5am shave, the last thing I want to do is talk about shave soap.:sleep:
Curiosity got the best of me, call it what you will. Didn't you and @StratMan use the soap recently?

The floral notes are two bright to be strictly a winter scent, I found it more of an evening or autumn scent.

Last edited:
Proraso red preshave
Blackland Vector with Schick Proline
Proraso vetiver and cypress shaving cream (sample)
Semogue boar brush
Alum
Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Refresh Aftershave Lotion
Beauty and the Bees Leatherwood Honey & Olive Oil Moisture Cream

A very refreshing Saturday morning shave. I'm not overly impressed with this shaving cream though and I'm glad I tried a sample first. The performance is average and the scent is weak.

Pre-shave: splash of warm water
Bowl/Scuttle: Timeless shave bowl grey
Brush: Omega 11150 (likely my favourite brush)
Soap/Cream: Traditional Barbers Shave Cream with several drops each of Eucalyptus and Peppermint essential oils
Razor/Blade: 1st pass Feather AC SS kamisori with Proguard, 2nd/3rd pass SABI T1 with iKon slant head with Astra SP
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime cologne
Passes: 3-pass on face, 2-pass on neck

WTG pass with kamisori produced a few too many weepers, pressure/technique the likely culprits. next the iKon slant which is rather mild despite the enormous blade gap and finished GEM G-Bar light touchups. despite the nicks the result is a beaut smooth shave but if it was 40degC right now I'd be decidedly uncomfortable.

A 5am shave, the last thing I want to do is talk about shave soap.:sleep:
Curiosity got the best of me, call it what you will. Didn't you and @StratMan use the soap recently?

The floral notes are two bright to be strictly a winter scent, I found it more of an evening or autumn scent.

I would proudly use two kings any time of the year, it’s an amazing take on Rose 👍

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

I would proudly use two kings any time of the year, it’s an amazing take on Rose 👍
Fair enough, I'm a big fan of 2K as well. I think of it "more" as a winter scent not because I'm even the slightest strict about that sort of thing, but as a form of deferred gratification, giving me something to look forward to in the long Antarctic winter down here. This is one of my top favourite soaps. When I took my very first sniff of the dry puck, my initial reaction was "meh, it just smells like soap", but with the addition of a bit of dihydrogen monoxide it becomes something truly lovely.

I've been missing my shave for the last two days camping "out west" in a much more basic way than I've been accustomed to in the last 10 years, with limited fresh water supplies. Finally back home after two very expensive tyre blowouts (which for some reason never happen off-road, only on the highway) to get this atmospheric shot of a little place we like to call home. (The hill, that is)...
Crepuscule.jpg

Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Palytpus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Chatillon Lux / Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

The Platypus really is a great brush, all over a wonderful shave again today!

CSAaO1ml.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.