Holiday

from Lanolin
Grand Society
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Stringy mozzarella (in the bowl)
iaBq37x.jpg

Tried a really dry load today and still got stringy lather in the dish
Thirsty lather on a big thirsty brush. The final product produced a nice smooth face lather. The brush is post shave with lather squeezed out for 2nd pass
Any suggestions what I am doing wrong loading House of Mammoth or do I just accept it is a stringy prota lather?

It’s stringy. Just like reserve barrister is.
Exactly what I was about to say.

Assume that's due to higher butter/fat content and less clay than other bases?
Do you wipe the stringy bit off with finger and add to brush/face or leave in soap bowl for next lather?

I find that it eventually dissipates upon vigorous bowl lathering. I only get the stringy bits when loading; once fully hydrated and agitated with the brush in the bowl, it comes good.
Never get a full voluptuous lather; Will from B&M explains this in a few vids. It is more a flattish pouring cream consistency, but the performance is excellent.
And VERY thirsty - when you think you’ve added too much water, it’s barely enough.

Assume that's due to higher butter/fat content and less clay than other bases?
Do you wipe the stringy bit off with finger and add to brush/face or leave in soap bowl for next lather?
I wipe nearly all the proto lather from my soap tubs onto my face and lather from there. Keeps then cleaner and extra soap never hurts.
Mammoth takes loads of water too. You can freely dunk the brush and keep building with no issues.

Thanks all, I don't have a problem with lather on the face. Very happy with performance and find it easier to lather than B&M Reserve. Do have an issue with the gooey bit left on the puck. If this is not an issue or caused by bad loading technique will keep practicing. It appears the goop is inevitable. (y)

Thanks all, I don't have a problem with lather on the face. Very happy with performance and find it easier to lather than B&M Reserve. Do have an issue with the gooey bit left on the puck. If this is not an issue or caused by bad loading technique will keep practicing. It appears the goop is inevitable. (y)

Try using a softer brush which has a bit flop to start with before using the nice badgers. My WCS honeycomb synthetics make stellar face lathers. I have no gooey lather issues with Mammoth ( very good soap) but I did the first time I lathered DG milksteak.