My Revisor 6-0035

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
I received my first Revisor SR a little over a week ago. I bought it on eBay "as new" with only three shaves on it. The vendor said that he found it a little too big for his liking. His loss is my gain.

Upon arrival, I checked the bevel grind with a Sharpie pen and found all was well. The following morning I shaved with it out of the box. It shaved well but the edge was not up to my standard. After that first shave, I put the razor through a full 0.5um, 0.25um and 0.1um diamond pasted balsa strop progression.

The second shave with this razor next day was up there with my other straight razors. Over last week I alternated between the Revisor and some of my other straight razors.

My conclusion was that the Revisor was up there with most of my other straight razors and even exceeded in closeness and comfort against some of them. This Revisor is good, very good. Based just on closeness and comfort, this razor is not worth the two to five times the cost of my other straight razors, but most don't my razors just for shave closeness and comfort.

Given the opportunity to by the Revisor 6-0035 again with what I know now, would I buy it? Yes!

The Revisor 6-0035 blade is 6/8 of high carbon steel, half-hollow+ grind with bell on the face side only, Dutch (round) point, double stabiliser and with jimps on the upper side of the tang/shank only.

The timber scales are fitted with a horn (or possibly plastic) spacer (not a wedge) and nickel pins. There is also a third spacer pin towards the pivot pin.

Over all mass is 62g. The razor when opened 180° balances about 6mm from the pivot pin towards the blade.

Cost new is €135 plus shipping from the manufacturer in Germany.

Now for some pics.

UYr6ZyS.jpg

JYojDWw.jpg

zIpl7ui.jpg
0J5h5tx.jpg

I have shaved with this Revisor about a dozen times now. At first I was not overly impressed with its performance compared to some of my other SR's that cost considerably less.

The more I shave with the Revisor, the more I like it. It may soon become one of my favourites. I think the reason for this is that I am getting use to its more acute bevel angle (compared to my other SR's).

Last week I shaved exclusively with the Revisor and finished yesterday. (Today was my first shave with my 1870 George Buttler "Shakespeare" SR.)

My enjoyment shaving with the Revisor is much improved over this past week. I think that what I had to do was learn how to use it to get the best results from its geometry. That has been achieved and the Revisor 6-0035 is my most favoured SR - for now.

I would now highly recommend the Revised 6-0035.