Thoughts on Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
I've read on "that other forum" that Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme is a clone of Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge. I gather that Fine soaps seem to be well regarded, so I'm curious to know how close it comes to the O&C. And of course the Valobra/C&S soaps are now unobtainium. I still have a few pucks of the latter waiting in a drawer, so I'm good for a few years, but if the Fine offering is close to the other, I might be happy as a bastard on father's day...

My advice @Gargravarr is forget the sabbatical you have done well.

This soap has been discontinued by Fine.! It is still available from sellers for a short time. If you like lots of lavender, and don't want hours of scent protection, stock up now!

This soap has been discontinued by Fine.! It is still available from sellers for a short time. If you like lots of lavender, and don't want hours of scent protection, stock up now!

Discontinued! Where can I get some?

Soap and splash!

Not sure have a look on their website.

http://www.vshod.com/

I wouldn't be worried about the splash unless your interested in smelling like a lavender field. Fine's hard soap fragrances usually have a lighter projection of the scent with not much staying power. Typically Fines splashes however have some staying power. Any Fougere fragrance would pair well with Lavender.

Fine did a big clean up of their existing range late 2020 when the Dutch production factory closed down. Some favourites are now discontinued, some of the new fragrances introduced are somewhat........ interesting.

Last edited:
My advice @Gargravarr is forget the sabbatical you have done well.

I was thinking in terms of an ongoing replacement for O&C. I'm not going to waste time pursuing remnants of deleted stock that I've never tried. If Fine can't be bothered maintaining a product line, I can't be bothered with Fine. :whistle:

I was thinking in terms of an ongoing replacement for O&C. I'm not going to waste time pursuing remnants of deleted stock that I've never tried. If Fine can't be bothered maintaining a product line, I can't be bothered with Fine. :whistle:
Probably stopped maintaining the product line cause it’s sales were shit.

It's OK, I was simply curious about any putative similarity to O&C. There are other milled soaps that I have on my list to buy and try next year (PdP, Cyril Salter, DRH Lav), plus a few others, eg MdC Rose. I think I have 7 backup pucks of O&C in the drawer, so I'm not going to stress about its demise too much, at least for now.

The news is worse re Fine, and I retract my earlier remarks about maintenance of product lines. Their soap maker Kappus according to this thread has gone bust. Future soaps will be soft, from Italy. :(

It's OK, I was simply curious about any putative similarity to O&C. There are other milled soaps that I have on my list to buy and try next year (PdP, Cyril Salter, DRH Lav), plus a few others, eg MdC Rose. I think I have 7 backup pucks of O&C in the drawer, so I'm not going to stress about its demise too much, at least for now.

The news is worse re Fine, and I retract my earlier remarks about maintenance of product lines. Their soap maker Kappus according to this thread has gone bust. Future soaps will be soft, from Italy. :(

I thought the Fine original soaps were made in The Netherlands?