3D printer ideas?

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Guys, I thought I might get a 3D printer.
I started looking for a lid to fit my Old Spice mug, and found some 3D printed ones.
Then I found 3D printed shaving bowls, razor stands, and even...razors (well they aren't my idea of fun, but might be OK for travel).
Anyway, I know owt about 3D printers, and printing.
I see the latest ones use a resin not plastic wire.
What knowledge do any of you have about 3D printers, etc?
Good ones, bad ones, not worth the drama, etc?
Thanks.

We've got an eBay el-cheapo. It was quite hard to get put together and running. Once it was together and fine tuned it worked pretty well.

It's my son's and he changed the extruder a while back and I don't think it's run since.

I've seen them sold at Aldi occasionally at a cheap price but have always been put off as reviews say the budget models are not that good if you're looking to create half decent items.

Cheers for the link @Wilkshire13 (y)

For fine works then resin printers and the go, but require a lot more work to clean and maintain, more parts to wear out including the LCD light source which cures the resin. these printers really lean to making models and fine parts.
3D printers that use filament are extremely good these days and with additions like Octoprint can be really amazing. this type of printers can use different types of filament which can better suit the printing project. A filament printer tends to be great for prototyping, building more study part and so on. they are a little less work and a lot less work to clean up and maintenance over resin. It very much depends on your needs and wants.
as for good brands I tend to stick with the bigger ones like Creality, anycubic and flashforge, there a tons of others as and it doesn't hurt to look around.

Guys, I thought I might get a 3D printer.
I started looking for a lid to fit my Old Spice mug, and found some 3D printed ones.
Then I found 3D printed shaving bowls, razor stands, and even...razors (well they aren't my idea of fun, but might be OK for travel).
Anyway, I know owt about 3D printers, and printing.
I see the latest ones use a resin not plastic wire.
What knowledge do any of you have about 3D printers, etc?
Good ones, bad ones, not worth the drama, etc?
Thanks.
Hey Horse…. looking for an old spice lid click here

il_794xN.1213871218_fbyh.jpg

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I might pull this one out of the morgue and try to resuscitate it.

I don't have a 3D printer and was wondering if anyone on P&C did. I'm after a part to be made and although I can get the file download for free, I'm having a hard time finding anyone that's actually selling a pre made piece.

Shapeways in the US sell them cheap but at $30 postage, that's nearly 3 times the cost of the actually part.

This is what I'm after:

This is the file:

Obviously, I'll pay for materials and postage if anyone can do it for me, otherwise I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay for the Shapeways one. And I don't care what the colour is as it's hidden anyway.

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I might pull this one out of the morgue and try to resuscitate it.

I don't have a 3D printer and was wondering if anyone on P&C did. I'm after a part to be made and although I can get the file download for free, I'm having a hard time finding anyone that's actually selling a pre made piece.

Shapeways in the US sell them cheap but at $30 postage, that's nearly 3 times the cost of the actually part.

This is what I'm after:

This is the file:

Obviously, I'll pay for materials and postage if anyone can do it for me, otherwise I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay for the Shapeways one. And I don't care what the colour is as it's hidden anyway.
If you don't have any luck, check out Etsy. There are quiet a few people in Australia that will print a file for you and post it. Never cheap though, annoyingly. Newcastle Libraries does 3D prints too!

If you don't have any luck, check out Etsy. There are quiet a few people in Australia that will print a file for you and post it. Never cheap though, annoyingly. Newcastle Libraries does 3D prints too!

I had a look on Etsy. There was a seller selling the part for $8. The only trouble is, he's in Germany and won't post to Australia.

I didn't think to look for someone to print it on Etsy so I'll have a now (y)