Life after HD 34C

I see a lot of love for the Rocca, and I too was quick to jump on the trend as soon as it came out.

It is still my #1 razor I go for, but be warned it is not THAT gentle. If you team it up with the wrong blade it can be quite the fiesty animal to tame. No it's not in R41 territory but it can be pretty 'efficient'.

Using it with a Feather is brilliant if you know what you're doing, I use it with the Wilkinsons Black and Astra Greens to help tame it and it gets a nice easy shave.

For any beginners out there? nope - it's too much of a jump.

I would say get a Flexi (now that I have one).
Set a gap to suit your shave requirements and go for it!
I'm not biased though (just because I only this week bought the Flexi)...I still use my Karve, and Timeless too.
I didn't love the Rocca R95 I had (since sold here on BST), I liked it...but not enough to want to keep it.
YMMV as usual.

I see a lot of love for the Rocca, and I too was quick to jump on the trend as soon as it came out.

It is still my #1 razor I go for, but be warned it is not THAT gentle. If you team it up with the wrong blade it can be quite the fiesty animal to tame. No it's not in R41 territory but it can be pretty 'efficient'.

Using it with a Feather is brilliant if you know what you're doing, I use it with the Wilkinsons Black and Astra Greens to help tame it and it gets a nice easy shave.

For any beginners out there? nope - it's too much of a jump.
It’s a nice razor for sure, it was my first when I changed to DE but I find it’s great with the 7 o’clock blacks, not many I like in it other than them so far.
I’d like to try feathers in it now Ive got my hand round it, hopefully don’t become Freddy no.2

It’s a nice razor for sure, it was my first when I changed to DE but I find it’s great with the 7 o’clock blacks, not many I like in it other than them so far.
I’d like to try feathers in it now Ive got my hand round it, hopefully don’t become Freddy no.2

Honestly mate, when people say "let the razor do the work" it literally means this.

Just guide the razor over your face, get the angle right and the feather + rocca will do the rest.

It was hard for me to get used to it after all those years of pushing a razor against my face when I was using a Mach 3 etc

New stuff is for sissies! If it ain't older than you it's crap anyway!!!

The best is easy to find, Gillette Single Ring, New Improved, New Short Comb, Long Comb, Deluxe, almost any Tech, '36 Aristocrat,... you get the idea. (y)