Review Something new

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Hey all.
I’m looking at finding a new blade. I currently go between GSB, nacet, feather and Gillette Red.
Love stuff in that kinda ball park but like to try new stuff too-
Recommendations please!

G'day Stinky FYI below might be able to help you decide

Feather Hi-Stainless <---- Very very sharp
Kai Stainless
Gillette Nacet
Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Super Stainless (spoiler)
Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum
Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra
Gillette Stainless red & white (old) the old version is no longer available on the market
Gillette Minora Stainless (new) see above FYI
Polsilver Super Iridium (old) & Wizamet Super Iridium (new) both are the same blade
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (yellow)
Gillette Platinum & King C Gillette
Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless
Gillette Rubie
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra Superior Stainless
Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword
Treet Platinum (orange & white)
Astra Superior Platinum <------ Middle of the road everyday shave
Vintage US Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (green)
Perma-Sharp
German Wilkinson Sword
Tiger Platinum (grey)
ASCO Super Stainless (orange)
Parker Premium Platinum
Rapira Platinum Lux
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Ladas Super Stainless
Rockwell Swedish Stainless
Gillette Sputnik
Voskhod <---- This is the low level, not the lowest crap blade

Hey all.
I’m looking at finding a new blade. I currently go between GSB, nacet, feather and Gillette Red.
Recommendations please!
Hard to beat Polsilver Super Iridium (old) & Wizamet Super Iridium (new) for quality and value for money

I have tried the polsilver, I found them rough as all heck! Am I missing something?
@SpeedyPC appreciate the list, NOS stuff is a no go, what’s the point if you can’t readily buy the crap plus if it was good they would still make it (hehe)

I have tried the polsilver, I found them rough as all heck! Am I missing something?
@SpeedyPC appreciate the list, NOS stuff is a no go, what’s the point if you can’t readily buy the crap plus if it was good they would still make it (hehe)
You'll never know, that you'll find some NOS de blades for the right price online depends where you look.

Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge and Gillette Minora. Timor Solingen is also a good choice, more aggressive than the two Gillettes.

Hey all.
Recommendations please!
Some decent blades and personal favourites although I don't use the Feathers much due to cost/performance and the Nacet don't really suit my current razor rotations.
My recommendations:
Gillette Minora Stainless / London Bridge as all indications show them being same as Gillette Red's yet a smidgeon smoother and IMHO GOAT DE blades - @Monocero sells London Bridge blades..
Gillette Yellow's as a sharp and smooth blade - readably available from Mens Biz, etc
Gillette Rubie Platinum's as work amazingly with "aggressive'' razors (e.g R41) - beware of fakes
Wizamet Super Iridium's as a solid performer and a tad smoother than Polsilver's - beware of dodgy sellers when buying in bulk
Bic Chrome Platinum's as poor man's Feather yet can be super harsh with certain razors - cheap as chips!

Last edited:
Some decent blades and personal favourites although I don't use the Feathers much due to cost/performance and the Nacet don't really suit my current razor rotations.
My recommendations:
Gillette Minora Stainless / London Bridge as all indications show them being same as Gillette Red's yet a smidgeon smoother and IMHO GOAT DE blades - I believe @Monocero sells London Bridge blades...?
Gillette Yellow's as a sharp and smooth blade - readably available from Mens Biz, etc
Gillette Rubie Platinum's as work amazingly with "aggressive'' razors (e.g R41) - beware of fakes
Wizamet Super Iridium's as a solid performer and a tad smoother than Polsilver's - beware of dodgy sellers when buying in bulk
Bic Chrome Platinum's as poor man's Feather yet can be super harsh with certain razors - cheap as chips!
Maybe you should try out Clouds Stainless Steel.

Maybe you should try out Clouds Stainless Steel.
I've yet to try them and will be sure to grab a few when I complete my Sabbatical as currently have a dozen or so sample blades I need to try first... :unsure:

Could have been fakes or poor QC. Fortunately I have not suffered a bad batch or read any bad reviews from members that bought in bulk from the same seller.
Happy to send a few your way

That’s three recommendations for the minors- order placed for 200. :)
@Holiday I’d love to try them again, it’s been several years so hopefully I’m just nuts and did a bad job with them last time.
Let us know if you want some Wizamets as I have 350+ and would happily part with some...?

If you want to try some different blades...
  • Tiger Platinum / Tatra Platinum (same blade, different branding by Czech Blades)
  • Super-Max Blue Diamond
  • Super-Max Platinum Plus
  • Treet Platinum
  • KAI / KAI X-FIT

My personal favorites are Wizamet and BIC chrome platinum.

Wizamet work in just about any razor.
I find them sharper and smoother than nacet.

BIC is my #1 blade but a disclaimer is that it's picky with razors.

In some razors, it will feel rough and you'll think, how did this blade pass QC??
The same blade in another razor and you'll think, where have you been all my life??

It has become my everyday blade, in combo with the blackbird.

Other razors with pair well for me:
Progress, Rocca, Flexi.

That’s three recommendations for the minors- order placed for 200. :)
@Holiday I’d love to try them again, it’s been several years so hopefully I’m just nuts and did a bad job with them last time.

Might have snuck a few cloud blades in with polsilvers and wizamet.