Review Something new

Hey all.
I’m looking at finding a new blade. I currently go between GSB, nacet, feather and Gillette Red.
Love stuff in that kinda ball park but like to try new stuff too-
Recommendations please!
I'll just paste the comment I posted elsewhere the other day. Nacet and Minora SS are my current favourites.
I recently got some Egyptian origin Asco blades free, which is the only way I would have tried them as I had a dumb preconceived idea that they'd be bad. To me, they are at least as good as Nacet or Minora SS, possibly better. I got a week out of the first blade and it could have gone a bit longer, but I don't see the point in pushing blades too far when they are cheap. I've only used them in a Lupo 72, but they give me a fantastic shave with no irritation, that lasts all day. These suckers are cheap too if you look around. https://connaughtshaving.com/ascoss.html

So I found these guys:
https://bigdealsmart.com/products/g...e-razor-shaving-blades?variant=39263009570863

1000 Minora's for 88GPD ~160AUD delivered (delivery is 20GPD).

Sensible may not be my middle name, but 1000 blades sight unseen is a little rich even for me even with the glowing reviews. Are there two others in Sydney (or willing to pay postage) that would be interested in 300 each or so? Would be ~16AUD per 100 depending on credit card charges etc.

Looks like I might be ordering some Nacets and Minora's by the looks of things.

I recently grabbed some Derby Blades (blue box) to see how they go up against what others have said.

I don't know if it's me, or the Muhle Rocca or the EJDE89 or the Rockwell 6C on plates 3/4/5/6 - but these blades are absolute GARBAGE.

1st shave was a little rough but I know some blades really shine on the 2nd shave like Feathers do for me.. NOPE - 2nd shave was just an irritation fest no matter which Razor I popped the blade in.

Is it just me? surely these blades can't all be that bad?

I put them in the same league is Rockwell blades, they fight for equal last place.

Looks like I might be ordering some Nacets and Minora's by the looks of things.

I recently grabbed some Derby Blades (blue box) to see how they go up against what others have said.

I don't know if it's me, or the Muhle Rocca or the EJDE89 or the Rockwell 6C on plates 3/4/5/6 - but these blades are absolute GARBAGE.

1st shave was a little rough but I know some blades really shine on the 2nd shave like Feathers do for me.. NOPE - 2nd shave was just an irritation fest no matter which Razor I popped the blade in.

Is it just me? surely these blades can't all be that bad?

I put them in the same league is Rockwell blades, they fight for equal last place.
They don't work for me either... If you like Nacet and Minora blades, try some Asco Orange too, they really surprised me with how good they are.

They don't work for me either... If you like Nacet and Minora blades, try some Asco Orange too, they really surprised me with how good they are.
Given the performance of Cloud blades I am definitely going to try some Asco. Annoying thing is I PIF'ed without trying last lot

Given the performance of Cloud blades I am definitely going to try some Asco. Annoying thing is I PIF'ed without trying last lot
I only tried them because I got them free and I felt like had to at least give them a go before I wrote them off. I'd say they are now my favourite blades and I'm going to stock up on them at some point. Dirt cheap too.

i am the same with all but the german wilkies... 3-4 shaves for all blades except the wilkies, i can get 6-8 shaves out of these blades

You mean the Black Wilkies? (black box?)

If so, I love those blades as well, very decent shave and definitely last.

Feather blades are the weird ones for me, the first shave is rough, but the second and third are beautiful. After that they go to the bin.

You mean the Black Wilkies? (black box?)

If so, I love those blades as well, very decent shave and definitely last.

Feather blades are the weird ones for me, the first shave is rough, but the second and third are beautiful. After that they go to the bin.

yeah these ones, they are amazing.. one of my favourite blades in the WR2 and last for ages

s-l225.jpg

agree about the feathers, beautiful smooth shavers that just dont last and not cheap either

agree about the feathers, beautiful smooth shavers that just don't last and not cheap either
That's why the Feather HI Stainless is thinner and very sharp than any of today's modern blades on the market, the biggest problem is the edge doesn't last long, only around three to four shaves maximum per blade and it's not very cheap to buy.