Soap:- GEO.F.Trumper's - Spanish Leather
Brush:- Morris & Forndran Style 3 Silvertip
Aftershave:- Southern Witchsraft - Gravefruit II
Razor:- Dorko 424
Honed on little "thurry" and stropped DC Blades Kangaroo

RWWgh1m.jpg

... and again -

NttW4abl.jpg

The Fatboy and Schick Plus Platinum still delivering well at the end of a full week

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM stainless
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

When all is for the best in this best of all possible worlds... This Yardley is arguably the best soap ever made.

This endorsement makes me not want to ever try Yardley. What if I try it and come to the same conclusion? I'll have to take a small loan to stock up even if I find any :p
I'm not even going to attempt to really stock up. When this and my one backup are finished, I'll be done. I'll just cherish the memory. After all, it's been over 40 years since I previously used it, before it went out of production.

As an endorsement, I would say Yardley is even better than Valobra, it's that good.

SOTD – 22 MAY 2022

Sunday Shave with Tcheon Fung Sing (TFS) RasoZero– SPIFFERO. TFS has been making handcrafted soaps in Torino, Italy since 1945 and the grand-daughter, Paola Barile, is the current master soapmaker. The TFS RasoZero line is described as: “a High Quality-Low Cost line designed as a low risk introduction to new clients to an awesome brand”. It is a vegetal soap base that I purchased from Connaught UK and the 140ml (about 120g) jar cost me about AU$10.00 allowing for postage, which is incredible soap value. The Spiffero scent is described as: “A refreshing and balanced mint and eucalyptus fragrance. Head Notes of Eucalyptus & Caphorous Mint, Heart Notes of Eucalyptus and Base Notes of Eucalyptus & Citrus Fruits”

SOTD-20220522-setup.png

Shave Result: The RasoZero soap has a soft croap texture and another first time shave. I used a good half teaspoon scoop squashed into my lathering bowl and proceeded with my standard lathering method to quickly produce a well hydrated rich medium density lather. So my first impressions of RazoZero: Lather performance was excellent all round and for the price this is top value and IMO worth a try if your looking budget friendly soaps. I really enjoyed this scent blend, I get the eucalyptus and mint with citrus background notes in the aroma, scent strength 5/10. Overall an awesome mild,smooth, clean and irritation free DFS.

🎥Shave VIDEO🎥

THE GEAR:

+ Pre Shave: NAK “Close” Brushless shave cream(A)
+ Brush: Yaqi “Rainbow” with 26mm synthetic Pony knot
+ Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing (TFS) RasoZero – SPIFFERO
+ Bowl: Yaqi “Duke” ceramic
+ Razor: Standard Razors AL (from amazon)
+ Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with menthol
+ Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave (A)
+ After Shave: Clubman Pinaud AS lotion
+ Moisturiser: Sukin for Men Facial Moisturiser (A)
(A) = Australian Made

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: ARP Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gilette L1 'Slim' (6)
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Post-shave: ARP Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: N/A

Back with the regulars

v0Sp2O9l.jpg

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM stainless
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

The more I use this razor, the more I like it. (It took me a little while to get used to the shallower angle required.) I've lost track of how many shaves the blade has done (10?), but between the two, I'm still getting totally smooth BBS with no irritation at all

It probably been a couple of months or more since I last shaved with a RBSR. This morning I chose the Oxor badged generic Chinese SS razor matched with a Feather DE half-blade (3). Face lathered with Palmolive regular cream. Three passes; WTG, XTG+fool's pass and another XTG in the opposite direction.

Returning to the RBSR encouraged me to further work on lightening the blade's edge pressure against the skin. Being its third outing, this Feather edge is starting to show its age. Not quite as keen as I get with my most favoured SR, the Gold Dollar W59. Still, a very good, comfortable and enjoyable shave was had with a DFS+ result.

full

I will probably use this half-blade one more time before binning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.