Review Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum 'Black' [India]

I agree the permasharps are a great blade. Personally i just feel the blacks were that bit smoother and sharper for me. Just goes to show you that every blade works differently for everyone depending on razor, skin and hair type.

Great honest review

My top tier blades so that people can check if they have similar tastes

Permasharp supers, voskhod, ladas, Gillette Rubie, rapira platinum lux, Astra sp for a great value blade, Gillette 7 o'clock green.
Great list - still haven't tried Peramasharps :(
Do they have glue dots?

Agree with @SpeedyPC ... Dull and not even smooth with the one I have tried. I might go back and try again, but in no rush tbh.
I've got a bunch and can't quite work them out. I get a close shave but it sounds a bit rough leading me to expect some irritation, but i don't get any. I seem to get 6+ shaves per blade fairly consistently which isn't too bad.

If they don't have any would love to (y)

If they don't have any would love to (y)
They do have 2 glue dots, in the centre on the blade like this. Still love them!

blade.jpg

They do have 2 glue dots, in the centre on the blade like this. Still love them!

blade.jpg

Thanks @Korbz - but then I will give it a pass...I just can't handle the glue :(

What about the original blades of this topic, the Black Indians? Do they also have glue dots?

Ah, I guess that's the reason my favourites are so cheap: they save on the glue - and I am very grateful for it :D

Thanks @Mark1966 for giving me the opportunity to try these blades out. Also thanks for the great letter that you sent! (http://i.imgur.com/0KLOt7l.jpg)

Ive been using this blade for the week so far - 4 shaves.
The first shave I had was pretty sub par; I think it was a combination of having irritated skin from using the multi-blade cartridge for the shave previous as well as using a sample to create a weak, not protective lather.

But after this, once I returned to my normal set up I really enjoyed the blade! I found it to be not overly sharp but very very smooth. It glides across the face with ease. I think after 4 shaves the blade has had enough and I will probably change it for the next shave.

I think an important scale to use is whether you would;
a) not use these again
b) use a sample pack
c) buy 20
d) buy 100
e) use these forever

For me, these Gillette 7 o'clocks are a solid c) and I can see myself using them occasionally in the future :)

Great review @chingy17 !

I really like you 'scale' - it provides a helpful

In the testing of this blade I used the Gillette open comb razor. It and the blade are the only things that I kept consistent throughout this process.

I found the first shave with this blade to be a bit tuggy, and not the most comfortable I have experienced. However, with time these blades really come into their own!
I managed to get 6 good shaves from the first blade @Mark1966 sent me. And I tried for a 7th, I did also change the razor for the 7th shave so I'm not sure if that is a factor to be considered. I found that the 5 shaves after the first were all very comfortable, with no problems whatsoever.

In the next week or so I will try the next blade in the Rockwell 6S and see if there is any difference with this razor. Again with the first shave - of which the first pass was partially completed with the old blade -was a bit rough for me. I will see how it performs with the second shave tomorrow.

At this stage, I don't think these are a blade I would chase really hard for. I think there are better blades that I can get a comfortable shave from the first shave.

All my comments should be taken with a grain of salt however, considering I am still very much learning about different combinations of blades and such.
I did only start to use a safety razor in February, and I am still struggling a little with how to quantify what is a smooth blade or a sharp blade.

Will give another set of thoughts when the next blade is done with! ;)

Having finally put the second blade through it's paces, 7 is surely the max number of shaves for these blades. The first one is kinda uncomfortable, then it's pretty smooth sailing from there till the 7th. I think that these are a good blade, Whether they are the sharpest, or smoothest I don't know. But I think they have a good lifespan. Again, I'd like to thank @Mark1966 for the opportunity to try these blades, I don't think I will be chasing them for myself but it was a great experience to try them out.